Cancellation & Refund

Theresa42
Level 1
Oamaru, New Zealand

Cancellation & Refund

So I had a booking for tomorrow. At 5pm I contacted the guest as I had not heard from them about their intended arrival time for tomorrow.  I instantly heard from them, and the guest cancelled the booking. She emailed me saying that she made a mistake and instead of 21st September she actually wanted 21st December and it was a technical issue (I am reading that as user difficulty).

So she technically was within my flexible cancellation policy as it was within the 24 hours mark, but as it was for the next day, and she was rebooking for a different date, I decided I would refund her as the money would be recouped by the December booking.

I clicked refund as it seemed like the sensible thing to do. However I got an email from AirBNB which says "You offered your guest a different amount" with the message saying "We’ll deduct $59 from your next payout and send the money to Luna."

So now I am very confused. Will I still get the original money from Luna and is it this money that will be sent back to her (thus balancing it out?) or will AirBNB keep the money and the money be deducted from my next payout (as in the next guest) making me out of pocket by $59.

Cheers

Theresa

1 Reply 1
Andrea9
Level 10
Amsterdam, Netherlands

@Theresa42

She shouldn't have cancelled but asked to have the booking changed.

Best call Airbnb explaining the situation.