Cancellation of confirmed booking

Mark1019
Level 1
Basel, Switzerland

Cancellation of confirmed booking

Hello everyone

Have been searching for the AirBNB Support Link as would like to do the following:

Accepted a booking from a person but she has not responded to any possible contact methods. So I feel unwell with the booking.

How can I cancel the booking without any penalty or maybe ask AirBNB to inform them to cancel the booking if not needed.

Thank you very much.

Best regards,

Mark

2 Replies 2
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

@Mark0

The information you need is in the Airbnb Help site. Look for host cancellations.

What I do is contact the guest, if they don't respond I contact them again and say if I don't hear back I will ask Airbnb to cancel their booking.

If that doesn't work I contact Airbnb and ask them to contact the guest and if they can't reach them to cancel the booking.

Never cancel it yourself unless there are extenuating circumstances. Just call Airbnb 

Vaishali8
Level 1
New Delhi, India

I booked a room for 47 nights ( 20-dec-19 to 6-feb-20) on 5-june-2019. I paid 70% of the rental in advance on 5-june-19. Yesterday ( 23 sept-19) I booked air tickets ( non refundable for the onward journey on 20-dec & today without any reason Host canceled my booking.
Refund doesn't help. I've lost a LOT of money in travel bookings. AirBnB does not have a similarly priced property in the same area. What do I do?