Cancellation

Fiona113
Level 1
Glasgow, United Kingdom

Cancellation

Hey! I'm a superhost and have never had cause to cancel a booking in the past.

However, back in January someone Instant Booked my apartment for a music festival (no worries, pretty standard) - but they have no reviews on their profile and I cannot for the life of me get them to reply to any of my messages. It has now been two months of me messaging them and I haven't had anything back.

End result: I'm pretty uncomfortable having this person and their three friends (I don't even know their names) in my home when I'm away.

Can I cancel their booking without losing my superhost status? I've worked pretty hard to earn it, and I'd be gutted to lose it.

Thanks (: 

2 Replies 2
Steve143
Level 10
Limerick, Ireland

Hello @Fiona113,

Don't cancel unilaterally. Contact Airbnb customer service and work with them to see if they'll cancel for you.

Tell them how uncomfortable you re not getting feedback from the potential guests. They'll be able to see that your efforts to contact the guests have gone unanswered.

If you type "contact airbnb" in the "Search for anything" box on these question pages suggestions will show as you type.

Click on the "Contact Airbnb: A community Help Guide" one for info on ways to contact them.

Steve.

Cynthia-and-Chris1
Level 10
Vancouver, WA

Absolutely don't cancel on your own.  Contact Airbnb and see if they can get in touch with your guest in order to poke them to provide you the information you need.