Cancelling a pre-approval

Debbie-And-Michael0
Level 2
Victoria, Australia

Cancelling a pre-approval

I am a host and need to cancel a pre-approval that I gave to a guest almost one week age. The guest did not accept the pre-approval because her circumstances changed and she was not able to book on the dates she initially requested. I tried to find the 'pre-approval' option by looking at the Inbox then clicking on the message thread for this guest. However, the 'pre-approval' box did not appear.

Is anyone able to advise me please?

thanks,

Debbie

6 Replies 6
Dede0
Level 10
Austin, TX

The guest has 24 hours to book after your pre-approval. After the 24-hour period, if the guest tries to book, you have another opportunity to accept or decline. At least, that's my understanding. I find some of the behavior of pre-approvals quite frustrating, and there are definitely some bugs related to them.

I also find them an annoying waste of time, as the pre-approval requests seem to come mostly from window-shoppers who rarely get back to me. I think they send pre-approval requests to multiple hosts, see who accepts them, and then pick one later.

Also, in case you're worried, a pre-approval (unless booked) doesn't appear in your calendar or block the dates.

Suzanne31
Level 1
Cambridge, MA

I am having a similar problem.  And now I have three requests for the same time frame.  And the original requester still wants some of the time.  There is no 'Cancel Pre-approval button' on this site.

What should I do?

I am also having the same issue. Was there any resolution on this? 

Once one of the requesters actually "books" then airbnb notifies the other requesters. You could try sending out your bottom line offer via special offer to the requester that you feel would be a good match for your rental.

Andy26
Level 1
Austin, TX

I am having the same problem!  Also I pre-approvaed a guest for dates and now they want to change them. When they send a second request it never shows due to the current pre-approval. 

Solution: I sent a special offer and it was very high, then the button popped up after I sent that and was able to decline the pre-approval. Hope that helps!  It is a bug of some sort. This only on the PC not on the mobile app. 

Clive1
Level 2
Nanthiat, France

This is not possible so airbnb make commission when it works out in the end and the hosts have a lot of stress. Why should airbnb sort this out? So you don't have any stress? Who are these other people from TX, and DW and whatever these places are? CA is Canada but what are all the other weird countries with unheard of abbreviations?