Cannot find my listing (ANSWER)

Marcus0
Level 10
Berlin, DE

Cannot find my listing (ANSWER)

Hi All,

i am writing this post for all those people that write in weekly with the heading "Cannot find my listing".

Although there may be several reasons why your property is NOT coming up on search, the most common reason is...

Airbnb uses a search algorithm to select properties in searches based on the criteria of the search.  Therefore when you do a search for your own property in your own area, the airbnb search engine "randomly" or "selectively" chooses what properties to present as the search result.  This is because Airbnb does not want to show hundreds/thousands of results.  They do not want to overwhelm customers with hundreds of properties and more specifically Airbnb does not want to look like suburbs are overrun with Airbnb properties.  This is why sometimes you can find your place and other times not.  The chance of your property being found can also be attributed to the Airbnb algorithm which in my opinion gives priortiy to hosts that regularily update their calendar, do not cancel bookings, in general aim to adhere to Superhosts requirements.

Give me a thumbs up if that helped.

Here are some articles on the matter.

http://rentingyourplace.com/airbnb-101/creating-an-airbnb-listing/seo/

https://www.airbnb.com.au/help/article/39/how-are-search-results-determined

81 Replies 81
Tracy179
Level 2
Shanghai, China

Hi there,

Need your help! I created a new listing yesterday and changed the status to "listed"

So far, when I searhed for my own listing I could find it in the serach results but when others search the same thing, it won't show in their search research.
I also tried to switch to "travelling" and searched my listing, found the listing and then share to others about my listing, but others couldn't open it.

It seems like my listing sill couldn't been seen by public.

Could you help with that? many thanks.

The name of my listing: Cozy Japanese style apartment in central Ginza

@Tracy179according to your profile, you have no active listings.  I can only suggest you double check your listing is actually activated.  If it is, then you should contact Airbnb helpdesk direct as it may be a technical issue.

The status is "listed". Is that it? Should I do anything else to "publish" the listing?

and how to contact Airbnb helpdesk? Its really not easy to find a way to contact them directly...

@Tracy179on your dashboard, click on "help", scroll to the bottom and look for

Still need help?

Go through the process.    Someone at airbnb will contact you back.

Thanks Marcus. I will further wait a bit and then contact them directly. Many thanks.

Hi @Tracy179, new listings do not become visible instantly when published.  It can take up to 72 hours for new listings to be fully loaded onto Airbnb's system.  Most go "live" within 24 hours but 72 hours would be the maximum amount of time.  If you published your listing yesterday, it likely will become visible in search results either today or tomorrow.  

Hope this helps!