Changing a guests review based on new information learned.

Cathy21
Level 1
Hernando, FL

Changing a guests review based on new information learned.

I wote a favorable review for a recent guest and yesterday I received a letter from my home owners association stating "your guests were quite the nusance in the community and at the community pool.  Your guests had food and glass in the pool area.  This is not allowed at all."  How can I address this?

2 Replies 2
Marcus0
Level 10
Berlin, DE

@Cathy21 once you have completed the review it is possible to go back and edit it (in the review section) unless the guests have already left their review or it is 14 days after departure then you cannot.

I can make a suggestion to you though.  Your house rules need significant improvement.  All the do´s and don´t should be in there including the pool rules.  Guests are on holiday and in some cases they are clueless or have little consideration for the local residennts unless you SPECIFICALLY point it out to them.  Sad but true.

Dave-and-Deb0
Level 10
Edmonton, Canada

Hi @Cathy21,

@Marcus0 is correct that you have 14 days but once you submit your review, you have 48 hours to edit unless the other party submits their review.  If the other party submits their review, they both go live without the ability for you to edit.  After the 48 hour review period, you cannot edit your review and your review will be posted when the other party submits theirs.  So, no, you cannot add or edit your review if it has already been made public.

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host