Channel Management and Property Management Systems

Corner-Cottage0
Level 1
Leura, Australia

Channel Management and Property Management Systems

Settng up a website with Channel Management to connect with OTA's like Airbnb - does Airbnb have this facility to link to a Channel Manager System?

100 Replies 100

No way, this thread began a 100% advertising spot for channel managers.

Anyhow for real hosts considering an AIRBNB CHANNEL MANGER for an intensive and high-frequency rental business, I have some suggestions:

First consider using a broker, as myself or others, to choose the right system for your propriety. This is not a cost for you and you have someone really expert to double check all the things your business will need.

If you want to go your own way, consider doing a large comparison spreadsheet where you can sum the pro and cons of all the systems.

I had a quick look of some of the systems cited here and most of them claiming to use APIs, they don't do that but the use the simple iCal sync method. That is not an API connection!

It's impossible to know that before to use it live. Also, iCal can be technically considered a sort of API, so legally this can be written in a contract too.

If you are managing large proprieties with many apartments or rooms you CAN'T work with iCal sync. This would mean a lot of manual work so you would lose the benefits of a Channel Manager.

Also, consider having a system well supported in your country and specific city.

Airbnb is not giving the same API support to all the cities. This is something linked with their "political" agreements with the local governments.

Where Airbnb has a better relationship/agreement with the local government, it's more likely that you can get a two-way API connection.

So, having a system good supported and up to date for your local area can be a winning point.

Some international big players are good supported locally or you can get some smart local players which are doing better than anyone else in their area.

In general please consider that I don't see very well Us channel managers for the European market and vice versa.

I write about such things on my LinkedIn too, so feel free to connect.

No way, this thread began a 100% advertising spot for channel managers.

Anyhow for real hosts considering an AIRBNB CHANNEL MANAGER for an intensive and high-frequency rental business, I have some suggestions:

First consider using an independent broker, as myself or others,  to choose the right system for your propriety. This is not a cost for you and you have someone really expert to double check all the things your business will need.

If you want to go your own way, consider doing a large comparison spreadsheet where you can sum the pro and cons of all the systems.

I had a quick look of some of the systems cited here and most of them claiming to use APIs, they don't do that but the use the simple iCal sync method. That is not an API connection!

It's impossible to know that before to use it live. Also, iCal can be technically considered a sort of API, so legally this can be written in a contract too. 

If you are managing large proprieties with many apartments or rooms you CAN'T work with iCal sync. This would mean a lot of manual work so you would lose the benefits of a Channel Manager. 

Also, consider having a system well supported in your country and specific city.

Airbnb is not giving the same API support to all the cities. This is something linked with their "political" agreements with the local governments.

Where Airbnb has a better relationship/agreement with the local government, it's more likely that you can get a two-way API connection. 

So, having a system good supported and up to date for your local area can be a winning point. 

Some international big players are good supported locally or you can get some smart local players which are doing better than anyone else in their area.

In general please consider that I don't see very well Us channel managers for the European market and vice versa. 

I write about such things on my LinkedIn too, so feel free to connect.

MarcoAntonio12
Level 1
Playa del Carmen, Mexico

Im a new host, but i found this issue, after puting my second property on Airbnb, im really tempted to pay for one chanel management, but there are so many that im really interested on the experience of anyone to see how it goes with them

I am NOT working for any PMS company or paid by any PMS company. 

As you can see from my profile, I manage approx 15 aptmts which are listed on multiple plateforms and am desperately searching for the right PMS. I have spent uncountable hours to try to figure out WHICH property management system to choose from and have had so much time wasted by speaking to PMS that do NOT integrate with airbnb (as very few are actually integrated with airbnb with an API, not merely with an Ical), and as approx half of my business relies on airbnb i can not work with a PMS that is not integrated with airbnb. YES it would be great that airbnb has a section on it s site to state the list of the PMS that ARE integrated with airbnb fully (not just an Ical integration). the only one i found is this one : but there might be a more recent one : http://www.vacationrentalmarketingblog.com/airbnb-10-partnerships/ this list was already mentionned more above in the thread but it seems some people have not seen it. I am integrating with bookingsync at the moment, a PMS that has an API integrated with airbnb, so this is different from only an ical integration. 

Rick110
Level 2
Prinsenbeek, Netherlands

Hi Everybody,

Pleae alow me to introduce myself!

My name is Rick, I work for a company called RoomRaccoon!

We from RoomRaccoon can help you guys out with a PMS, Booking-Engine AND Channel-Manager that connects with AirBnB and other big booking-websites. 

Rick 

@Rick110

Had a quick look on your web site and this maybe a language thing but you say your software helps to avoid double booking when of couse Hosts just do not wany any double bookings.

Could you comment on how your system integrates with AirBnB and avoids double bookings?

David
Rick110
Level 2
Prinsenbeek, Netherlands

Hi @David126

No problem,

First of all RoomRaccoon is designed to help B&B's and smaller hotels. With that in mind, when having 1 or more rooms/accommodations you might be bookable on multiple booking websites (im tryng not to use the names but i think you know which ones i mean 😉

The Reason we talk about "No double Booking" is because when you are bookble on multiple booking website, there might be a chance that you receive a booking via AirBnB while also a few minutes later on another website! if you are not in time communicating your availability to the other websites you can get overbooked.  This is why a Channel-Manager comes in handy, this will comunicate the availability instantly to all other bookingchannels/websites. So no double booking! 

the intergration will be done by an iCal connection, you can generate a link which we need to import to the RoomRaccoon Account and vice versa.

Ical is not instantaneous so wondering how you avoid double bookings, for example I use Ical to back up my listings but only happens once a day.

David
Stela0
Level 3
London, United Kingdom

Hi Everyone,

Does someone have had a problem in contact Xotelia support or it is just me? When I have a problem and cannot find a solution in their FAQs I cannot get help quickly. If I cal in one of their support numbers either or in France or in wherever  it is they don't answer, if I email them it takes one week to get an answer and sometimes it is urgent. I am a host with 10 properties if someone knows another good channel manager please tell me. I thank you in advance.

Peter584
Level 2
Pontardawe, United Kingdom

I've been using hostaway for a few weeks and they have been great, even emailing me pro actively when they think there may be an issue on thae calenders. API intergration between airbnb and booking.com not just ical. Thay charge 2% on all bookings connected, not set up fee though.

Andrew511
Level 1
London, United Kingdom

yes, I did too. They were VERY unresponsive a year ago, maybe better now. They were very amateurish when getting setting up, then I gave up using them when realised the integration they said they had, they didn't (gites de france). Not a well run company I'm afraid to say.

Mark-0
Level 2
Berlin, Germany

Not sure if the list of channel managers was ever created, would love to add beds24.com to it, we have a full two way XML interface for fast updates

Lyndy0
Level 2
Coorabell, Australia

Hi Marl

I have tried to add beds24 to my airbnb account but have been unsuccessful

Lyndy0
Level 2
Coorabell, Australia

has anyone tried to link to beds 24 to their account?

Beau9
Level 2
Sydney, Australia

Hi All

My names Beau and I work in Business Development for SiteMinder and Little Hotelier. 

If you haven’t already heard, it was announced that Airbnb has selected SiteMinder as their first global hotel technology partner.

For more information, you can check out the official announcement on Airbnb’s website here: 

http://bit.ly/2EpS8Eb

You can also express your interest here: http://bit.ly/2FWVwU2 

Let me know if you want any further information.

Thanks,
Beau