Cheated by Airbnb routinely

Edward-Becker0
Level 1
England, United Kingdom

Cheated by Airbnb routinely

I recently discovered that I had Not been paid out by Airbnb of over £1000 for a 4 week rental. I do not generally check that I have been paid out as I always imagined it was automatic. But over a month after the money should have been sent -- I realised nothing was in my acct! I contacted Airbnb and they paid me and apologised. It then happened again a few weeks later.

consequently I realised that I needed to check all of my bookings and payments etc but it is

impossible without the Confirmation emails that each rental acquires.

To my disgust and disbelief Airbnb refused to re-send all of my Confirmation emails (over the 18 months I had been a client). So I cannot know how many other occasions that they failed to payout. I would gladly pay for their admin time or whatever. But no they refuse. You might have thought that since they clearly have made errors in the past (above) that they would help in any way they can. I just wonder how much more I have lost! Ed

3 Replies 3
Marzena4
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

You can go to the transaction history in your profile, @Edward-Becker0, and check each reservation versus payout over there.

// "The only person you can trust is yourself"

Thanks Marzena

but if you go to Profile - I cannot see transaction history anywhere. But perhaps that is only with a PC maybe (as not using one at moment). But If you are correct and every reservations was listed then surely Airbnb would point this out. Instead all they suggested was a transaction history statement that they sent me, which was hopeless because it just married up payments with bookings.  Or to put it another way - it was impossible to even see that they had not paid out on several occasions (as I said) a month late etc.  So I asked for the Confirmation emails as this was a quick and simple way I could correspond each payment with the emails. I cannot begin to see why that info would be so difficult to send! Airbnb do not give me a reason. They just said they can't .  But since I found 3 inc the month late one, I am certain that there must be many more. I have only been able to look at my last 4 months. There's another 14 months that I can't go through adequately unless they help. But they won't!

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Edward-Becker0,

Nice to meet you. 

Here is a direct link to your Transaction History (if you view it when logged in, it should take you to your own account Transaction History section). 

Hopefully this will help and it will provide you with all the information you need.

Thanks,

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.