City requiring proof of registration with County Health Departmet

Jennifer563
Level 1
Green Bay, WI

City requiring proof of registration with County Health Departmet

Hi, my city is now requiring if I wish to Airbnb I buy a permit and provide proof of registration with the County Health Department.  Has anyone had to register with the Health Department? If so, what did it involve?  My rental is my primary residence which I Airbnb approximately 6-7 weekends a year during football season.

Thank you!

2 Replies 2
Cathy172
Level 10
Dennis, MA

@Jennifer563 Every town is different, but in my town there is a $50.00 annual fee followed by an inspection from the health department. They calculate your square footage and determine what the maximum occupany can be. In addition they check smoke/CO detectors and all sorts of random things like cracked window panes, holes in screens, steps and railings, plumbing leaks, etc. My town gives a pretty good list of what to prepare for before the inspection. You may find that your town is like mine and wants everyone to succeed and will give you support to make your place safe for occupancy.

Vanessa529
Level 2
Cambridge, MA

Hi I am in Cambridge, MA and we had to register with the city and pay a fee. My question is when will Airbnb recognize registered vs. non-registered hosts?