Cleaning fee incl. in price

Branka6
Level 1
Novi Sad, Serbia

Cleaning fee incl. in price

Dear all,

I am new here, so I have some questions for regarding cleaning fee representation during making reservation. 

I am not clear with the point was this expense (cleaning fee) was always included into the price, or that is something new?

In my opinion presentation of cleaning fee expense is very important point to think about because when people make reservation, if it is not clearly pointed that this price is for cleaning fee (now it can be only see if you click on the “?” question mark next to the price) it makes price to look much higher than it actually is, and interested parties cannot see immediately that THIS IS NOT PRICE FOR THE NIGHT but it is PRICE PER NIGHT THAT INCLUDES CELANING FEE.

I checked my itineraries and realized that all of them show cleaning fee as separate points (see below).

Payout
€25 x 3 nights 
Cleaning Fees 
Airbnb Service Fee 
Total Payout 

I think that representation of cleaning fee as separate point during reservation making is very important because the price looks much more attractive in this manner, what you think about it?

2 Replies 2
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

@Branka6  I think a separate cleaning fee sends two messages for me.  One, it advises the traveler that I have high expectations of myself and the guest of being clean.  Two, the does discourage single night booking which is fine with me.  Also, my daily rate is relatively low so those who stay longer have the same fee.

Andrea9
Level 10
Amsterdam, Netherlands

@Branka6

The Airbnb techies are always didling around with minor optical things that don't really improve the site. In the more than 2 years I've been host I think having the cleaning fees stated separately or included in the price has been changed around 5 times. Sometimes it's back to how it was within a few days.

Unproductive, but I suppose they have to earn their salaries.  Actually making a change that is productive or helpful would be better, but am not holding my breath...