Closing listing for a month due to health. Will I be penalized in placing when I return?

Judy44
Level 2
Boulder Creek, CA

Closing listing for a month due to health. Will I be penalized in placing when I return?

Will I lose Superhost rating?

2 Replies 2
Gerry-And-Rashid0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

You can snooze your listing - I assume that's what you mean when you say closing the listing for a month.

Depending on number of guests during the assessment period and their reviews of you, you may or may not lose Super Host status - it's really difficult to say. However, personally I would not worry about that as your reviews are great and most people have no idea what Super Host means.

As there will be a lack of activity on your account I think you will find you are lowever down the listings initially when you return. However, AirBnB dont share all of the parameters they use to decide where in the listings you appear. 

I wouldn't worry about it too much as you have such good reviews and a great place.

When you return you may want to refresh your description, check if your house rules are still ok for you (eg check in and check out times - given ill health are they still ok for you or putting you under too much pressure)

Good luck!

Gerry-And-Rashid0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

You can snooze your listing - I assume that's what you mean when you say closing the listing for a month.

Depending on number of guests during the assessment period and their reviews of you, you may or may not lose Super Host status - it's really difficult to say. However, personally I would not worry about that as your reviews are great and most people have no idea what Super Host means.

As there will be a lack of activity on your account I think you will find you are lowever down the listings initially when you return. However, AirBnB dont share all of the parameters they use to decide where in the listings you appear. 

I wouldn't worry about it too much as you have such good reviews and a great place.

When you return you may want to refresh your description, check if your house rules are still ok for you (eg check in and check out times - given ill health are they still ok for you or putting you under too much pressure)

Good luck!