Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Community Center Project? Share your thoughts

CC Project.jpg

-----------Update December 4th----------

Hello everyone,

In December 2017, we held our first Month of Celebration 2017 here in the Community Center. Each day a different community member posted a new topic about something positive; a story, a tip, an observation, you name it. We had some great discussions and it was a lovely way to end the year we have spent here together.

This year we are doing it again and it is already in full flight. I have created a dedicated topic above which I will be updating every day so we know where to head to find our Month of Celebration topic each day: Our Month of Celebration 2018 is taking place now...

If you would like to get involved, we still have a few more day's needing volunteer or If you are just wondering what the schedule is looking like here it is:

Updated Dec 12thUpdated Dec 12th 

I hope you enjoy reading and getting involved in all the topics. I wonder what will be up next. 🙂

Thank you to all of you involved. It is amazing to see everyone coming together. 

Lizzie & Quincy

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

106 Replies 106
Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Clara116,

No problem. 🙂

We post on the day we have allocated for. I know this isn't an exact science as we are based all over the world with different timezones, but I think if we just stick to our own personal timezone and post on the day that we are down for, this will be fine. 

You are down for December 4th, so you would create and post your topic on December 4th. 

I hope that helps. 

Thanks,
Lizzie

--------------------

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

@Lizzie Perfect - thanks so much...............Best to you and many blessings, Clara

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello everyone,

December is nearly upon us, which means the CC's Month of Celebration is kick starting tomorrow. Exciting times!! 

As you will see we still have quite a few days to fill to complete the month and so it would be fantastic if more community members could come forward to take part and make sure it is a jam packed month. So here is my call for more volunteers! 🙂

Everyone can take part and there are so many idea for topic you could create. From a story (hosting or non-hosting related), a tip, a milestone, your festive tradition, favourite place visited, favourite food...you name it. Plus, you can take more than one day if you want. 

Please do get involved, just reply in this thread with the date you would like to take and I can provide more details. 

A huge thank you

Lizzie 

@Rebecca160@Fred13@Letti0@Branka-and-Silvia0@Ute42@Lawrene0@Emiel1@Lisa723@John1080@Kath9@Huma0@Inna22@Helga0@Sandra126@Jeff158@Steve143@Miloud0, @Anonymous, @Christine615@Kitty-and-Creek0@Dieneke0@Donald28@Jeet0@Christine1@Emilia42@Ria16@Zappa0@Mariann4@Alice-and-Jeff0@Ana1136@Ned-And-Laura0@Cor3@Susie5@Emily352@Clara116

--------------------

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Lizzie

I would be happy to get involved. It’s just a bit new to me as I didn’t take part last time. Also need to get my head around what has already been covered so I don’t repeat it!

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Huma0,

Aw wonderful thank you. 

So to provide a little background, we started the Month of Celebration last December and it lasts throughout the month (so 31 days). It was inspired by a super advent calendar held in the DE CC in 2016, but we changed it up a little in the EN.

Each day a different community member posts their topic and the type of topic is meant to be something positive or helpful or generally uplifting, so it's a nice way to close the year.  People can also select more than one day if they like. 

Most of the things people have shared have been personal things, so stories or observations, we also had a post about their renovation project, a post about birthdays, but it could be a tip or a topic about how you celebrate this time year.  The best thing might be for you to take a look at last year's topics, here – but in general the theme is really flexibile.  🙂

I hope this helps and you are still keen. Do let me know which day(s) you would like to be yours. 

Enjoy your weekend (I hope it brightens up a little).

Thank you,

Lizzie

--------------------

Dieneke0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Lizzie

I already replied to Quincy but just in case that didn't go through - yes lovely idea, count me in. Can I do the 16 December? Let me know what else you need.

Hope you are well.

Do I see you tomorrow at the Airbnb event?

Take care

Dieneke x

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Aww wonderful, thank you so much @Dieneke0

I will put you down for Dec 16th. 

I'm afraid I won't be at the event tomorrow, I hope you have a lovely time. 

Lizzie

--------------------

Dieneke0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Thanks @Lizzie that is great. Let me know what else you need.

A Pity I won'ty see you tomorrow.

Best

Dieneke xx

Paul1255
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Hey @Lizzie I could take the 31st if it's free and you don't mind a double-up 🙂 Paul

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Paul1255,

Aw that would be wonderful, if you are happy to create another topic. 🙂 

I have put you down for December 31st. 

Thank you so much. I am very much enjoying reading all the comments you are getting for day 2! 🙂 

Thanks again,

Lizzie

--------------------

Paul1255
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Ok cool! I shall think of something 🙂 Ah glad you're enjoying so far

Miloud0
Level 10
Rabat, Morocco

Hello @Lizzie

Thank you for the message. Really it is a new idea for me.

I like to share a topic. If it is possible, i chose a day from 25 to 29, But :

Could you Lizzie  provide more details?. How could one chrare a topic ? an where, in CC ?.  Where could i read the other host topics, to see how i can share? ....  

Thanks, 

Miloud

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Miloud0,

Thank you so much for taking part, this is wonderful.

So i've created this little helpful sheet to provide some more details on the process of actually posting your topic:

What to do....png

To answer you questions:

- To start a new topic, select your board and once in the board, click 'Start a new conversation' on the right side of the page

- You can post your topic in any of the CC boards, wherever you think suitable, I imagine hosting though (but I can also move it if you think it is in the wrong board). 🙂 

- I will be creating a new topic shortly, to collate all of the days together so they are easy to find (to view last year's Month of Celebration 2017, click here)

- Topics can be on a wide range of things, such as stories (hosting or not), tips, traditions, great food, favourite places you've been to...things like this...

I will put you down for Dec 28th. This way you will also be able to see what others post and get the idea of how it works. 

If you have any other questions just let me know.

Thanks so much,

Lizzie

--------------------

Christine1
Level 10
Glenbrook, Australia

@Lizzie, thanks for the invite, I would like to chose 26 December which we in Australia call Boxing Day and my theme will be Next to Nicks in Sydney, tips on low cost things to enjoy when visiting the Sydney area. 

I have chosen 26th December because that's the day the Harbour is full of watercraft to celebrate the start of the Sydney to Hobart yacht race. It's  quite a magnificent sight and people gather all around the shores of the  Harbour to set up with picnics and watch the start of the race. Craft of all sizes participate. The views are stunning.

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Christine1,

This sound amazing, I'm quite a fan of sailing so I often keep an eye out on what happens in the Sydney to Hobart race. I bet it is quite a sight. 🙂

Thank you so much for taking part. I will put you down for Dec 26th. 🙂

Lizzie

--------------------