Complaint and Problems with Airbnb Worker Karamele from Spain !

Ana107
Level 1
Berlin, Germany

Complaint and Problems with Airbnb Worker Karamele from Spain !

Dear Community,

I have a serious problem with the case manager Karamele from spain and I really need your help.
I am doing the Airbnb renting out more than 2 years and I always got the feedback from my customers, that the
apartment was just the way like I have decribed it and that the pictures and description fits perfect with real living in the apartment.
Now I have a guest in June and his name is Jean-Michel, who rented the apartment for some days.
Couple of days ago my guest contacted me by phone and said, that he is not happy with the apartment anymore and he
asked me to chancel the booking. I told him that a booking is connected with a lot work for me and unfortunately I have
to stick to the chancelation rules, which he signed when he was booking the apartment.
Later on he again contacted me and said that the apartment has not a seperated bathroom, which he has booked and he wants to chancel the booking. I am kindly explained him that the apartment has a seperated bathroom and I realised, that he was looking for a reason
to chancel the booking for free. My boyfriend talked with Andre (...nit sure his name) from Airbnb Germany and Andre calmed us down and told us that everything is fine with our apartment and if Jean-Michel wants to chancel he could do it but he would need to pay 50% of the booking price, which he agreed on his booking. With this information we were calm and were open to negotiate with jean-michel for a little more refund.
In the meantime Jean-Michel has contacted Karamele from Airbnb Spain and told her, that the apartment has not three bedrooms and only 2 bedrooms, which is not true !
So I have received a quite impolite mail from Karamele, where she explains, that my apartment is missclassified and this is fraud and thats why she has chanceled the booking with Jean-Michel for free and we were lucky not being punished and fined for the missclassification.
This is simply not the truth! My apartment is very spacious (916 sqf) and has three very beautifully seperated sleeping quarters, each with an own entry. Besides there is a seperated kitchen and bathroom.
You can see all the details on the map I have enclosed this mail and which you find also on my add at airbnb.
I dont get any further with Karamele, which I think does not speak fluently english, because every mail she sends is through the google translator.
I feel really incorrectly treated by her,  and I think it was a wrong decision and I want to revert the chancellation of the booking with Jean-Michel.
One day Andre from Airbnb Germany told us that erverything is fine with our booking and the apartment  and the next day Karamele from Airbnb Spain tells me that I violate against the Airbnb rules, could be punished and chancels my booking with Jean-Michel.
I am loosing trust in the whole process, when Karamele can act like she wants without getting back to me or Andre from Airbnb first.
I love hosting guests and I really like my guests, but with problems like this I really consider to stop being a host, that`s why I have paused my apartment until this case is cleared.

Thank you very much warm regards
Ana

3 Replies 3
Marit-Anne0
Level 10
Bergen, Norway

You need to contact airbnb in Germany again and have them take a look at the ad again regarding misclassification and also what happend with the cancellation.

Jane557
Level 2
Los Angeles, CA

I’m having the same kind of problem. My last guest decided to stay somewhere alse, so they started to look for a problem. First was that the door is not closing and they want to leave, second mosquito is in the room. After I have show to the client how to close the door and mosquito was no more there when I come, they start with a new story, that my house is not an entire house, because there is an neighbors house and they don’t have privacy.

Airbnb cancel this reservation, pay me 50% of the money for the first night ( reason why: affected night ) and post in the Internet: Cancel by the host, even I don’t cancel anything!

I feel very bad in this situation. My house is new build, has large mediterranean garden and a pool with beach entry. Expensive designer furniture. Every one who see it, find it very beautiful. 

They pay 225,-$/night for my house and this in Los Angeles! I’m sure I didn’t do anything wrong.

They told me for the next time I have to write next to the pictures that the structures around are not in the rent included.

No comment!

Airbnb has failed as my business partner. 

LOL a mosquito in Los Angeles, A desert.

Even we don't have significant mosquitos up here in our rainforest.

Yes, Airbnb is not giving hosts a fair chance against scammers.

Sorry