Concerned by lack of enquiries

Concerned by lack of enquiries

I'm starting to worry about the sheer lack of enquiries and booking requests I've received for my listings... since the beginning of April, a sum total of ZERO.

I managed the property for another host for almost two years and Airbnb proved to be a rather successful booking channel for her, with regular enquiries and bookings. It is the same property (a B&B) which I am now hosting myself (as it came under new ownership at the end of March).

Anyway, the point is, the room types are the same, the property has been nicely redecorated and re-furnished, it's in a great location, and is competitively priced.

So why no interest from potential guests?? Are my listings being seen? I'm using smart pricing so my rates are adjusted automatically.
5 Replies 5
Heather61
Level 1
Tampa, FL

I can find your listing through your profile. However, I looked up all listings in Perth that are in the price range of 104-134 that are private rooms and saw none of your listings. Why? No idea, but I'm not seeing them populate in the options when looking through your area.

Emily42
Level 2
Toronto, Canada

I am in the same boat. 

I know several owners in my community (short term vacation rentals) who receive all their bookings from Airbnb, and after 1 yr I have only been starting to get views this month, with 0 inquiries to date 😞 

Frustrating to say the least.

When it comes to Toronto, I've more or less given up on Airbnb. I want to travel with my dog and so always filter for "pets allowed." A lot of places come up, but very few have instant book--the couple that did looked slightly iffy--and the ones that I did like, I got turned down for! I'm a superhost in Montreal and was surprised I got turned down as often as I did (probably 5 - 6 times). I did end up booking a non-pet accepting place and had a friend take my pooch, but it was frustrating, to say the least. A lot of listings, I suspect, are run on a casual basis and so hosts accept people when they feel like it. Which is great for them, I guess, but bad for business. I've decided to go back to the hotel I used to use. It's pricier, but I know what I'm getting and my dog is welcome. 

1. I am concerned about the lack of enquiries and ofcourse as a result lack of bookings. We have had zero number of enquiries since January 2017 after havinf had such a good run. Is there somthing on our listing that has either blocked any possible enquiries or what could the problem be, how do I find out.
  2. Listed under Whale Watchers Inn , Witsand RSA - 10 rooms.
  3. contact Clair

@Whale-Watchers-Inn0

Didn't check them all but would say you aren't getting bookings because your calendar shows dates for the four or five months I looked at as you not being available !