Confirmed booking wants to see the space prior to check-in date

Laura543
Level 3
Watertown, MA

Confirmed booking wants to see the space prior to check-in date

Hi All,

Just wanted to see what you all think about this...  I don't see a reason to be concerned, but I've been fooled before.  I have a six week booking checking in at the end of August.  They live in the area and plan to stay here while they wait to sign papers on their new home.  They've asked several times if they could come see the airbnb space prior to their visit.  They told me they want to see what they will need to bring with them.  My listing is very throrough with lots of pictures and it lists every item available to guests.  I can't figure out why it would be so important for them to see the space ahead of time.  What do you think?

Thanks in advance for your responses,

Laura

22 Replies 22
Tom104
Level 2
Santa Barbara, CA

Say "Sure!" and send them a link to the photos on AirBnb. Or...send them more photos....what more could they want to see? What questions could they have?

They can cancel if they are unwilling to comply with the rules.

I just sent the note I shared with you all.  I think if they cancel, I will still get paid for the first month.  At least, I hope I will! 

Colleen47
Level 10
Frisco, CO

@Laura543

I understand where the guest is coming from. I host shorter term but higher end rental, and my guest had reserved multiple homes for the week. She was local, hadn't really used Airbnb, and wanted to make sure my location would work well for her family (specifically her old mother who couldn't do stairs). I obliged. Against advice I let her come inspect the house. By allowing her to visit prior to arrival I solidified her booking, and gave her the confidence she wanted to choose a location. She ended up being the BEST guest I've had. 

I'm glad it worked out for you!  I did some cyber-snooping.  I think this will be a good guest too.  She's young and not experienced with airbnb.  She would have had to go through a whole lot of trouble to make up multiple fake profiles that are a few years old.  I'm going to continue to be clear, but at the same time, give her the benefit of the doubt.

Mark26
Level 10
Melbourne Beach, FL

Oh Dear God!

Care to expand on that, Mark?

@Laura543  Just want to give you my feedback.  I have hosted several long term through Airbnb as well as companies that provide housing for medical professionals.  A few from Airbnb asked to see the place after inquiring but before check in.  I asked them to call Airbnb and they did in which Airbnb contacted me and asked my permission.  Both came to look at the place and then they both continued with the reservation.  I liked it as it gave me a chance to meet them and see what their expectations were.  Again, this was all done with Airbnb being involved.   If that is something you would consider ask them to contact Airbnb.  Both of these were done in back in 2014/15 and as we all know a lot has changed with Airbnb.  

Best of luck,

Thanks, that's a great idea.  I haven't heard from them since I sent the last note. I'll see what kind of  response  I get and proceed from there. I like that it gives them an option. I'm not against showing the space in advance, I just don't want to be taken advantage of.