Constructive suggestions on improving my listing

Amir24
Level 2
Sarajevo, BA

Constructive suggestions on improving my listing

Hello everyone

I have been hosting for few months now, and everything is going smoothly. My guest have all been nice and reasonable people, they where all happy with my place. I have made some money on the side, and I am on my way to gaining superhost status 🙂

My pace Is booked about 30% of the time, and I would like to increase my bookings. There is a lot of competition in my city, so i would appreciate your imput on how to improve my listing and make it pop a bit better among the others.

Here is my listing

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/17434363?location=Sarajevo&s=6T1pX_5R

Thank you for your help and support.
Amir

8 Replies 8
Oomesh-Kumarsingh0
Level 10
Pamplemousses, Mauritius

@Amir24 Speaking as a Superhost i would advice you to update your listing everyday at midnight if possible so that to have a better ranking among other listing this is very important especially if there is a big competition in your area. Also try to add updated photos of your listing regularly and exchage your price upon demand never stick with the same pricing all the time. You will definitely become a Superhost and gain more and more booking trust my words. Good luck!!!

Thank you @Oomesh-Kumarsingh0 !
I will try the things you have recommended 🙂

Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

You have a good value listing, @Amir24.  My comments are just little changes as it looks good.  Your listing shows clearly what is available.  I am a little confused about the bed. Your listing shows that it is a sofa bed and your description refers to it as a King sized bed.  Is it a king sized sofa bed?  If so, be sure to mention that.  Also, it might be useful to show the bed as a sofa as it shows your place as almost a studio apartment.  You also might include some more exterior shots of your neighborhood.  

Good luck with your new business.  My biggest suggestion is that you always keep vigilant about the listing to ensure there are no system errors and you manage your prices to how the market is going in your area.

Thank you @Linda108!

When I first started I just used fold out sofa (unfolds to flat king size bed) that I had from before. But have added aditional mattress and mattress protector to increase comfort and ease the cleaning process.

I am already checking out the competition, every once in a while. So I can stay current with local price per value trends.

Paul154
Level 10
Seattle, WA

You're place is so inviting. I want to go there right now!

You know how to show "lifestyle" in many of your pictures, Especially your first pic - very nice.

My suggestions is your get rid of some of the darker pictures and complicated pictures.

Your first pic of bedroom is great, the dark pic of your bedroom is not inviting.

Get rid of the toilet picture - It presents as cluttered and complicated. We don't need to see it, we believe you have a toilet.

The shower picture is so-so. The sink pic is great - simple and bright.

While a nice feature of your setting, the hallway to your separate room is cluttered with a bench.

Your intentions are good. You are proud that you have a shower and you clearly want to show that the room is far away from the main house. But you need to get more clever presenting these in photos. Simplify and exentuate what you want.

Get a professional or get other people's ideas of how to better present.

Good luck

Thank you @Paul154.

Once my current guests are gone, I plan on inviting my friend to come over with profesional camera to take a few shots.

I did take all of the other pics with my phone in a hurry, after all.

I am currently looking for a new, and more styleish shower crutain. Ornate but classy.

I keep upgrading as I go along.

You are always welcome to stay at my place if you visit Sarajevo 🙂

Julia66
Level 10
Scotland, United Kingdom

Hi @Amir24  Some great advice there from your fellow hosts.  You have a super room and just the sort of private bathroom I would choose.  Perhaps you could take a photo of the rooftop table on a sunny day; show a picture of the view of the park from the room (and label it as such); and some photos of the town to show guests what there is to visit.

Good luck with the bookings!

Thank you @Julia66 🙂