Currently hosting the most clean and tidy guests I've ever had...

Huaai0
Level 10
British Columbia, Canada

Currently hosting the most clean and tidy guests I've ever had...

I joined Airbnb as a host last November. Currently I'm hosting the most clean and tidy guests I have ever had. The two guests are a mother and her teenage daughter from China. 

Before they checked in, I sent them "Things to know," "House Rules and House Etiquette," and "Frequently Asked Questions," and reminded them to read all of them carefully when it was close to their check-in date. On the day they checked in, I gave them an on-site orientation. They listened carefully and swore to me that they would follow all the rules.

Previous female guests left so much long fallen hair everywhere especially after brushing or combing their hair, on the bathroom floor, bedroom floor, on and inside of the duvet, on the pillows, on the area rugs... Trust me, your washing machine and tumbler dryer won't get rid of all of them; technically I would need to examine and remove all the hair manually.

But these two guests, both with long hair, leave not one single hair in the bathroom or in common areas. I hold my newly bought V8 Dyson vaccum cleaner and examine every corner in my house that they have been to and I find not one single hair. Yesterday morning, I saw a cluster of long fallen hair in the toilet bowl and I flushed them.  Apparently, they had cleaned the floor and collected their own fallen hair and thrown them into the toilet bowl.

I also check my kitchen after they have used it. It is spotless. 

They are the most clean and tidy guests I have ever had. Thorough communication has played an instrumental role in this. I will buy them a dessert over the weekend. 

21 Replies 21

@Huaai0

That's fabulous - perhaps you will ask her to 'police' the gentlemen guests in following the bathroom 'sit to pee' house rule.

🙂

Huaai0
Level 10
British Columbia, Canada

@Rachael26 Speaking of guys' "sit-to-pee," I have asked around. Quite a few guy friends told me they do sit to pee, though one of them said it was because he had prostate problems and so he had to sit to pee. I asked all male guests to sit to pee because I detected almost undetectable urine stains on the floor and on the toilet, though I wish they were tea stains. The next person using the bathroom thus will likely leave me a 4 star re cleanliness. 

Nagawa0
Level 2
Kampala, Uganda

That was so amazing and wwonderful so they reserve for that gift to appreciate them.

Jill22
Level 2
Goose Creek, SC

Please post your house manual guest request thank you 

@Jill22

if you are ever interested in another hosts listing practices or guides, rules etc... you may look at them yourself by clicking on the profile picture of the host, then selecting on the drop down menu the tab 'Profile', then open up the property listing title on guest reviews - that will open up the actual listing of the host and you will be able to read their descriptions, guest reviews, calendar to see how popular, star ratings etc.. as well as the 'house rules'.

Best Wishes.

Huaai0
Level 10
British Columbia, Canada

@Jill22

Here you go--

No smoking
No parties or events
May not be safe or suitable for children (0-12 years)
Check-in time is 3PM - 11PM.

Please read the house rules carefully prior to booking.

I. CHECK-IN AND CHECK-OUT

A. Check-in time is 3:00PM till 11:00PM. Check-out time is till 11:00AM. 
B. Guest shall show a photo ID and booking confirmation when checking in.
C. Guest shall return the keys to host or host's authorized representative when checking out. In the event that host or the authorized representative is unavailable, guest may choose to leave the keys on the desk in the rental room with the consent of host in writing the day prior to check-out. 

II. SANITATION AND GARBAGE

A. Guest shall maintain the room rented to him/her clean and free of accumulations of garbage and rubbish at all times. 
B. Garbage and rubbish shall be disposed of in containers designated for that purpose. Large boxes and containers shall be broken down so as not to consume too much space in the garbage containers. 
C. No hazardous substances may be disposed of in the garbage containers, but must be disposed of as required by applicable health and safety regulations and codes.

III. CONDUCT IN PREMISES AND COMMON AREAS

A. Guest shall remove shoes when entering the premises. 
B. Guest shall refrain from rolling or pulling luggage on the floor.
C. Guest shall refrain from inviting visitors to enter the premises. 
D. Guest shall refrain from playing any musical instrument, radio, music system, entertainment system, or television set at a volume that causes disturbance to other residents.
E. Guest shall refrain from talking loud on the phone without a headset in common areas at a volume that causes disturbance to other residents.
F. Guest shall refrain from slamming doors to the extent that causes disturbance to other residents.

IV. USE OF THE PREMISES AND COMMON AREAS

A. Guest is responsible for keeping his/her rental room secure. Except to the extent provided by law, host is not responsible for the illegal acts of others, including burglary or theft. 
B. Guest shall notify host of any extended absences (more than three days) from the premises. 
C. During absences by guest host and his/her agents will provide access to no other persons, known to guest and host or not, unless expressly requested to do so by guest in writing. 
D. Guest shall not use or store gasoline, cleaning solvents, or other combustible substances in the rental unit.
E. No bicycles, play equipment, children's toys, skateboards, or other personal belongings shall be left in the common areas unattended.
F. Laundry is limited to once a week.
G. Guest shall have access to kitchen appliance, and should clean immediately after use. 
H. Guest shall have access to basic toiletries provided by host, but shall refrain from using other residents' personal effects left in the bathroom. 

V. MAINTENANCE AND ALTERATIONS

A. Guest shall be responsible for keeping the kitchen and bathroom drains free of things that may tend to cause clogging. Water leaks, faucet drips, and slow drains shall be reported immediately. Guest shall not make maintenance requests of maintenance personnel or workmen. 
B. Guest may bring *one* dog of small-to-medium size. Guest shall wash the dog's feet using the pet shampoo on the kitchen counter and paper towel to dry his/her feet afterwards. Dogs are not to be left unattended in the rental unit at any time unless placed in a kennel or carrier. 
C. Costs of repairing damage to the rental unit or appliances supplied therewith, which are the result of negligence or misuse by guest shall be charged to guest and be payable upon demand.

IMG_9774.JPGThank you so much 

[Link removed - hover over post image and click 'View Profile' to see listing]

Very helpful 

happy hosting

Jill ***