Customer (NO) Care

Kanokkan0
Level 4
Bangkok, Thailand

Customer (NO) Care

This is a letter I have just posted to support after having been ignored for 2 days by the case manager and customer service.

I would like to make a formal complaint about how a cancelation was handled by your CS staff and case manager. This reservation in question was canceled by the guest due to a color "issue" with the pool. I say color issue because the guest's reason for canceling was that the water was not exactly the same color as on the picture in the listing.

This is something that cannot be guaranteed and it is also affected by the time of day, natural light, weather and other factors. In fact this reservation was canceled after confusing statement by the guest, where he went from stating the pool was dirty to it was clear and back to dirty.

When your CS staff called us, they had already made up their mind. They did not listen to us and questioned why we "simply hadn't changed the water in the pool" as the customer had requested. If you know anything about pools, you know this is NOT a reasonable or even useful request.

At this time I am severely disappointed in AIRNB and it's CS staff. It is the second time I have been badly treated and I believe by the same staff.

Reading through the community forum, it has become clear to me that I am not alone and that AIRBNB clearly do not care about their hosts.

To make matters worse, even if this customer should be refunded (which I maintain that he shouldn't), he should have been refunded two nights, because he stayed well into the second day. Furthermore he was not charged the correct amount even for the first night. If he was charged for the first night, it was 10000 THB+ as the original reservation was 40000 THB+.

The professionalism of your CS staff leaves a lot do be desired. The cancelation was not a discussion, there was not given a chance to remedy the situation (whether or not required) and I as the host was not listened to whatsoever.

At the very least your CS staff should have the courtesy to inform me of the final decision and the reasoning behind it. That was not done and my messages (increasingly angry, true) are being completely ignored.

I do not expect this submission to be entertained by anyone that cares but at the very least I feel better having written it. I am also posting it in the community.

See you on Agoda Homes and Booking.com

6 Replies 6
David126
Level 10
Como, CO

Basically it is a cost of business using the AirBnb platform, you have to factor into your costs having to deal with their CS and the unpredictable calls they make comapred to using other booking options.

David
Chris232
Level 10
Petersfield, United Kingdom

Hi @Kanokkan0

Unfortunately this is how Airbnb works, the guest is always right and the hosts are only cannon fodder.

If this continues in ridiculous, absurb reasons for cancellations then we are all doomed

>

Please remember to re-arrange all clouds in the sky so they match your photo's  !!!!!!

Kanokkan0
Level 4
Bangkok, Thailand

Oh I got a very low review from this guest. They didn’t like the location too.. real reason

so they got refunded and they wrote a bad review

Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

@Kanokkan0 A lot in Airbnb hosting comes down to a matter of luck, you happen to run into a small-minded guest who probably worries incessantly about the insignificant minutae of life.

Presently I got my own problems, I got two of the most boring people to walk on this planet; greetings, jokes or interesting conceptual thoughts are all met with the same blank zombie stare.  It is a tuss up which is worse, my zombies or your 'color-of-the-pool-water' stupid guest (excepting the review).

Niel3
Level 10
Llanberis, United Kingdom

Ha, I had one of those stay with me a few weeks back, sure enough he's the only guest to date who has not left me a 5* rating.

Alex939
Level 10
Plovdiv, Bulgaria

@Kanokkan0, sorry for your bad experience. Though I'm not sure that changing platforms you would change the kind of your guests. I think the guests are allways the same and as @Fred13 said it's a matter of luck to have to work with the right people. On the other hand, shifting the platforms you'll get the chance to experience some other Customer Care, hopefully better for you.