Damages

Joanna225
Level 2
Bryson City, NC

Damages

I'm a new host, and the very first guest I had damaged the sofa bed.  I have gone to the resolution center, and emailed the guest.  There has been no response at all so far from the guest.  The sofa cost me $350 in repairs.  What are the chances that I'll ever see that money again since the guest seems to be not responding at all?  What should I have done to prevent this kind of thing from happening?  Right now I have 8 more reservations to honor, and I'm wishing I had never started this at all.  

7 Replies 7
Letti0
Level 10
Atascosa, TX

My guess is little to no chance since the guest has not admited. 

The Resolution Center has denied my claim all together.  First they said that I had not met the 14 day reporting requirement.  I pointed out to them that the guest checked out on the 22nd, and I reported on the 25th.  Then they came back and just simply said no.  No reason, no explainations, just that they determined No.

Very disappointed with Airbnb

David126
Level 10
Como, CO

I second @Letti0, now there are some unusual cases but generally if  the Guest does not admit responsibility it is very difficult to get reimbursement.

You can always try and escalate.

David

Trying to escalate didn't work.  Airbnb denied everything with no real explainations or reasons.  Just No.

Very disappointed with Airbnb

@Joanna225 did Airbnb even ask you for estimates / quotes / receipts for the repair?

Usually they at least get to the point of asking for documentation.

Did they say "no" before even asking for documentation?

Yes, they did. But I went ahead and sent the documentation, and they replied with another no

First no was because they said I didn't file within 14 days. I pointed out that I filed within 3 days of checkout.  That didn't seem to matter  they said they had already closed the case and would not reopen it.

@Joanna225 

If that is the situation, then I would keep pushing.

Many hosts have said that posting your problem to twitter and/or the Airbnb facebook page can get a response when the normal support department is trying to shut you out.

AirBnB Twitter: @Airbnb
AirBnB Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/airbnb/

AirBnB Twitter help: @airbnbhelp