Dates available but guest can't book?

Answered!
Mark65
Level 2
New York, NY

Dates available but guest can't book?

One of my listing has completely open dates, guest is pre-approved, and he says he cannot book it...?

Any idea why?

Also - did asking questions to AirBnB directly disappear or is it just very hard to find.

I used to be able to, now no idea where to find it.

Please help,

Josh

1 Best Answer

I had this issue just now. If you're new to airbnb, and have never booked something before, you are restricted from booking a full house or condo and are forced to book a hotel or guest house. Dumbest thing Ive ever seen. I have 2 large dogs I am NOT booking a hotel haha

View Best Answer in original post

21 Replies 21

Same here. Spent hours on the phone yesterday. You cannot go past level 1 tech support.

Finally. after spending 2 hours a second time, the tech person said that there is a site issue.

Patty-And-Todd0
Level 1
New Windsor, MD

Currently having issue booking: message: This reservation can't be completed. We can't complete our guest screening process in time for this reservation. Try booking 2 days in advance? It is February and I am trying to book in JUNE!!!

Faith103
Level 1
Portland, OR

Same problem! When I try to book, I get all the way through and put my card information in, and I go to hit reserve reservation and it pops up with an error message saying that I don't have access to that, however if I go to resubmit it it tells me I've already submitted a request. I don't think my request actually went through though, and I'm not sure what to do. 

Janel182
Level 1
Clovis, CA

The same issue today with a vague and unsatisfactory explanation from customer support. I’ve come to expect more and hope this isn’t the future of airbnb

We just put our listing up and all of our dates are available but when someone tries to book you cannot reserve, you can only change dates. This is so frustrating.

I had this issue just now. If you're new to airbnb, and have never booked something before, you are restricted from booking a full house or condo and are forced to book a hotel or guest house. Dumbest thing Ive ever seen. I have 2 large dogs I am NOT booking a hotel haha

@Cynthia1021 if the host is agreeable they can change their listing to a 'private room' ,allow you to book, and then switch it back.