Decline in enquiries inspite of many views

Devjani0
Level 1
New Delhi, India

Decline in enquiries inspite of many views

Hi,

I had a fairly active listing and now that the main season is upon us, I'm not receiving as many enquiries as before. There are a lot of views of my listing but no enquiries. Any ideas whether I can see which dates the guests are searching for?  I have decreased our prices and made some updates as well. Any insight will be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Devjani

3 Replies 3
Sali1
Level 2
Colorado Springs, CO

I've had a decline as well. I've noticed much higher fees added on for bookings, prices aren't as attractive. Seriously considering leaving Air BnB

Babs0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

For a guest the Airbnb fee is a lot higher than for a host, last time I booked it was 16.5% of the total amount before cleaning fee. It's also not as transparant for a guest, although it is always communicated before you actually book and pay. If I didn't have a coupon to spend on that booking, I would have gone for a hotel room. 

Agree with @Sali1, they might be pricing themselves out of the market now! Decline in requests here as well, but so far it has always worked out in the end. 

Good luck!

Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

@Devjani0@Sali1  I think that the recent upsurge in Air BNB marketing has brought more travelers to look and more people to host.  Good news/bad news situation.  I think all of us need to up our game and ensure our listings are top notch.  We need very good home pages with great pictures and inviting descriptions.  I don't think we can do the same thing and expect even the same results in the increasing competition.  Also, there are more booking platforms that might be a better fit for your particular listing.  Hope you have continued success!