Declining a possible reservation.

Natalie61
Level 1
Bandera, TX

Declining a possible reservation.

Hi.  Does declining an inquiry affect my hopes for a Super Host status?  I think I have someone contacting me that is spam?

4 Replies 4
Ira4
Level 10
Athens, Greece

@Natalie61 

No, declining a request does not affect your Superhost requirements. 

Canceling does.

I wish you the best! 

Although declining potential guests will not affect your superhost status, under the new discrimination policy, declining too many will get your account reviewed by AB&B for possible discriminatory practices. When you decline this request, be sure to mark it as spam and explain why you feel this way in the reason box for documentation to protect you in the future.

If you believe it is spam, use the little "flag" next to the email exchange to alert Airbnb of this exchange.  Also, flag the profile of the user so Airbnb can be aware of their activity.  

James229
Level 2
Wilmington, NC

I received a request to book my beach house for the month of July.   Firstly, Airbnb has computed a price that does not make sense; my price was $350 per day, and Airbnb has quoted me a monthly rate of $5200 ?

More importanly, when I told my wife abut their request, she told me that my son wanted to come from Spokane (to NC) and spend the month, and July is the only month that works for him. 

Can I reject the request without hurting my status as a host ?