Deleting Search Box Information

Answered!
Anita-and-Wayne0
Level 2
Opononi, New Zealand

Deleting Search Box Information

Hi Community

Can anyone tell me how I can delete the (Edit listing) that is appearing on the title of my listing "Haveli Blu (Editing Listing)". Also how do I change the search boxes photo. Help says the first photo in your photos is what people first see when they looking through listings but this isn't happening.

Thanks for your help.

Regards Wayne

1 Best Answer

@Steve143Thanks Steve. I have worked out what was happening. Different options for when you've log in and are log out. Seems obvious now. Thanks for your response. Wayne

View Best Answer in original post

6 Replies 6
Marzena4
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

Hello @Anita-and-Wayne0. Does that edit button appear when you look at your listing after logging out and cleaning cookies or using a browser you do not normally use for Airbnb-ing?

// "The only person you can trust is yourself"

Hi Marzena

Thanks for your suggestion. I tried deleting history etc but the "editing listing" still appears. I then tried another browser and it wasn't initially appearing but after logging on and off it's there again. Maybe you could tell me if you can see what I'm seeing. The seach area is Omapere, Northland and the house is Haveli Blu. At least the right photo is appearing now. Regards Wayne

Hi Marzena

I just noticed "edit listing" is also appearing on another house I have listed with AirBnB. So something's going on with my whole account. 

Hi Marzena

I've sorted it. When I'm logged in and go into the liosting from search it automatically enables me to edit, I'd never noiced that before. When I'm logged out as you suggested, like anyone else view there's no "edit listing" prompt. Still learning my way around Air BnB.

Thanks for your help. Wayne

Hello @Anita-and-Wayne0,

Whatever's happening it seems to be local to your account. When I searched for accommodation in Omapere your listing showed up without "edit listing" in the name.

When responding here to someone you should type "@" and then click on their name in the list that appears. Otherwise, if you just type their name they may not get any notification of your response.

Steve.

Screenshot (218).png

@Steve143Thanks Steve. I have worked out what was happening. Different options for when you've log in and are log out. Seems obvious now. Thanks for your response. Wayne