Delray beach tax notice potential increase sales tax short term rental

Delray beach tax notice potential increase sales tax short term rental

Every host be aware that Adam Frankel running for Commissioner if elected plans to slap an additional tax on all hosts of short term rentals in Delray beach.

We are paying enough taxes as hosts and if he is elected he will salp additional taxes on us. Upon my converation with him he says that short term rentals bring in disruption and problems to the community. On the contrary, we bring economic benefit in delray beach. Please do not vote for additional taxes on us.

2 Replies 2
Peter-And-Jennifer0
Level 2
Delray Beach, FL

Thank you for the information. I understand that Eric Camacho is also running and is not in favor of taxing short term rentals. Thank you. Will vote for Eric Camacho

Andrew886
Level 2
Delray Beach, FL

Hello all,

I'm considering listing my home in Delray Beach on AirBnb. I'm trying to understand if all the necessary taxes are collected by AirBnb on my behalf. From looking at other Delray listings I see Occupancy Taxes are being collected:

General Sales and Use Tax (Florida) General Sales and Use Tax (Palm Beach)

Is that something a host sets up or AirBnb does it? Are there any additional taxes that need to be collected and if so, how are you going about that? Are you incorporating the taxes in the price?

Also do I need any permits/license for Palm Beach Coutny and Delray Beach? 

Please help. I've spoken with AirBnb support several times but I haven't got a clear answer. Thanks in advance for your help!