Different number of guests throughout stay

Gianni13
Level 3
Lima, Peru

Different number of guests throughout stay

This happens particularly when I host groups of friends. Not everybody arrives/leaves on the same day as my city is where people tend to gather (i.e. main international airport) and spend a few days before going to the most touristic attraction in the entire country. We end up either manually refunding or requesting money for the extra guest fees as the platform only allows a set number of guests for the entire stay when placing a reservation. I foresee that with the new payment features offered by Airbnb (split payment, pay 50% now then later) there will be more groups of friends enticed to travel...and not necessarily all of them can arrive on the same day. It would be great if that could be fixed.

1 Reply 1
Joy127
Level 2
Brisbane City, AU

Have the same issue when a group books and then have friends stay. My unit has 3 beds so this is annoying when I have charged for a couple only but all beds end up being used. It would be good to have the option of the number of beds being booked rather than the number of people.  Have had a few couples as guests that stated only needed one bed for them to use 2 beds instead.