Disappointed with Airbnb

Sintha0
Level 1
Ubud, Indonesia

Disappointed with Airbnb

Last August, my guest request to early check out and asking to refund their money.
They satying for total 12 night amount $803, but they leave the villa on the half of total is 6 night so, i should to refund the money $414,as the guest request, and we agree for that.
But, i get surpirse, and shockness, airbnb deduct my payout for total amount of paying $803, event i have comunicate with their customee service team, why the made extra deduct more $318 from my payout. But they didnt answer or reply my email for the question.
I really disapointed, I am is another one airbnb partner, but they take money from me.
Iwas spent much money to accomodate the guest for 6 night, who will pay for that??
Once again, I really disapointed.
1 Reply 1
Bruce28
Level 1
Bellevue, ID

You are surprised because you don't know the Airbnb ethics.  You should know that Airbnb, once a reservation is made, will not reimburse the 10 to 12% fee that it collects from the guest, plus another 3% foreign currency fee.  If the guest cancels, Airbnb will keep its fee in returning the unused portion of what the Guest has paid.  If the Host cancels, they will collect from the Host, either by withholding future payments or hitting your credit card.  With a capitalization rate of $30,000,000,000 (thrity billion) you would expect the money machine  would  realize where and how it makes its $, by keeping hosts happy.   But no, this pack of thieves will squeeze out every drop from every opportunity.  I am very happy to have innclusive.com coming online in the next few weeks, so I'll never again need to deal with these rats.   Bruce Norvell Hailey, Idaho