Do you provide shampoo conditioner and toiletries, or things like catsup?

Terrilee0
Level 2
Sandy, UT

Do you provide shampoo conditioner and toiletries, or things like catsup?

My manager said not to provide these items. I had them in the condo, but the maids took them out. He said do not provide any liquid items. what do you do? He said no one does.

29 Replies 29
Pete69
Level 10
Los Angeles, CA

Shampoo, conditioner, Klenex, bar of soap in soap dish, liquid soap from despenser, makeup remover (otherwise have fun trying to clean towels), toilet paper.

Folgers coffee in individual packets, individual creamer packs, individual sugar packets.

Paper towels, paper plates, plastic cups, plastic bowls, plastic eating utensils.

@Pete69 Can you send the URL 

URL to which product?

Meredith57
Level 2
Santa Rosa Beach, FL

I use simple human dispensers in all of our showers, providing soap, 2 in 1 shampoo/conditioner and lotion. After each guest, I just refill what has been used. If they have special needs, they will bring their own, but most of my guests use what is provided. Each bathroom also has hand soap, toilet paper, tissue paper, Q tips & face wipes. I also provide dish soap, laundry detergent, K cup coffee/tea, oil, salt & pepper.

Letti0
Level 10
Atascosa, TX

@Terrilee0  My manager said not to provide these items. I had them in the condo, but the maids took them out. He said do not provide any liquid items. what do you do? He said no one does.

First off AirBnB now requires these items to list, well not the catsup but all the others. Your manager is lying to you, fire him find someone else. If he has the maid provide these said items it lowers your grosss earnings thus lowers his profits and he's in this for the money only. I will no longer rent a property that has a property manger who manages a property for many  reasons, but the biggest reasons are they are poorly kept up with little to no amenties provided and the cleaning is always questionable. They cut corners where ever they can to increase their profits. They also rent the places lower than they should to increase bookings to make more on the high volume bookings. The wear and tear is horrible for owners to deal with. 

If you manged it on your own before you will see your reviews take a hit also. On HA/VRBO property managers unlike owners are automatically made Premier Partners a deal they cut to list many properties at a discounted rate, AirnB has a similiar deal for them. You are much better off finding anither host/cleaning person in your area that is willing to Co-Host your property and avoid any and all property managers. 

Noel63
Level 10
Coober Pedy, Australia

Yes, to everything you mentioned (is tomato sauce the same as catsup?)

@Noel63 No catsup or ketchup are not the same as tomato sauce.  They both have vinegarr and other things in them that set them up as different items completely from the tomato sauce.

Noel63
Level 10
Coober Pedy, Australia

@Letti0Okay, then no to catsup. Do Americans have tomato sauce? I don't mean pasta sauce. I mean stuff you would use on a sausage.

@Noel63  I am pretty sure you are referring to the tomato based catsup or ketchup here. The main ingredients of ketchup are tomatoessweetenersvinegarsaltspices, flavorings, onion, and/or garlic. It's a condiment used on hot dogs, bratwurst, hamburgers, french fries, etc. 

Jackie196
Level 2
Windsor, Canada

Hi, as I am new to Airbnb since April  2018, I have always provided soaps, shampoo, conditioner, body wash for men and women, variety of coffee and teas, water, pop, cream and sugar, snacks such as breakfast bars and popcorn. In the washroom I leave a basket of “just incase you forgot something “... toothbrush, toothpaste, hairdryer , q-tips etc.  

I really feel that my guests appreciate that we have certainly gone the extra mile for them.

I have had great reviews and repeat guests, so what we are doing seems to be working for us!

Alyssa99
Level 2
Colorado Springs, CO

We do! We get individual "hotel style" toiletries from Amazon. They are convienient, and i'm sure guests appreciate having them!

Below is the link to Amazon where we buy ours:

https://www.amazon.com/s?marketplaceID=ATVPDKIKX0DER&me=A3AUQIOOBZTL8N&merchant=A3AUQIOOBZTL8N 

Victoria567
Level 10
Scotland, United Kingdom

Agree with @Sandra0

I provide a generous basket of toiletries and a hairdrier....did get some numpties who used the hairdrier to dry their mountain of laundry!

Kenneth-And-Lilia0
Level 10
Las Vegas, NV

OK, you need to fire your "manager" immediately!  Think of yourself going on vacation and staying in a hotel.  Do you bring your own bar of soap, toilet paper, shampoo (maybe)?  The idea is that you OFFER them.  If a guest wants to use their own shampoo, they'll bring it and use it and leave yours alone.  NOBODY takes soap with them or kleenex or TP or coffee.  These are standard things you MUST include in your unit.  I agree with Letti, you "manager" is just cutting corners.  I'd bet with his ideas, he'll eventually tell you to wash the sheets every other guest or something like that.  Tell him to go be a slumlord somewhere else, your standards are higher.

Jennifer976
Level 8
Calgary, Canada

I provide soap, shampoo and conditioner.  And always tell my guests not to buy spices and oils because I have so many here but really everything else they buy.  They have mini refridgerators in their rooms and I have a 2 large fridges on my main floor and they have use of 1 of them if they need it.

Mikki0
Level 10
Long Beach, CA

I provide 3 different coffee beans, 3 different teas, all kinds of sugars, 1/2 & 1/2, oatmeal packets, nutrition bars. I used to offer shampoo and conditioner in tiny separate bottles, but I started going through more shampoo than conditioner, so I stopped the conditioner. I'm stopping the tiny bottles of shampoo, because it's not environmentally sound.

It's all up to you.