Dog sitting

Michael180
Level 1
Vienna, Austria

Dog sitting

Hi all,

my girl-friend and I live in a beautiful 2-bedroom apartment in Williamsburg, Brooklyn, NY with views of the NY skyline, etc. When comparing with other listings we could easily rent it out for $300/night on Airbnb. However, we are considering renting it at a much lower price or even for free, if we find someone who watches our small dog while we are gone. We travel frequently and dog sitters cost a fortune in NYC.

Has anyone on here tried this already? I'd appreciate any advice or experiences.

Many thanks,
Michael
4 Replies 4
Kevina0
Level 5
London, United Kingdom

I wish i was in NYC! I would have loved to look after your doggie!
What a brilliant idea u have! All the best in gwtting a suitable person for the priviledge!
Raquel13
Level 10
Miami, FL

My suggestion is to post an ad in craigslist and screen the dog sitter very carefully. Another suggestion is to post in the newspaper of a local college, lots of students want to enjoy a place away from dorms.

Dede0
Level 10
Austin, TX

@Michael180 I agree with others here. Don't go the AirBnB route for this, as your super-low rate will probably attract the wrong kind of guests. Use Craigslist or similar, post strict requirements, and qualify applicants to an extreme. To. An. Extreme.