Emails coming through in German

Patricia176
Level 1
London, United Kingdom

Emails coming through in German

Hi all, my emails from Air BnB started coming through in German a few days ago, could anyone tell me why or how to change it back?

Thanks in advance

4 Replies 4
Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Patricia176,

Lovely to meet you. 

From your post, I am presuming you haven't been to Germany or close to a German speaking country recently, as there is a chance it picked up on different IP address? 🙂 Apart from the emails is your Airbnb account displaying in German too? If you scroll to the bottom of the page in your Airbnb account, is the language marked as English/currency (or your preferred language/currency)?

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Aaran0
Level 1
London, United Kingdom

Hi,

I'm having the exact same issue. All my confirmation emails... the lot keeps coming through in German, including the text messages I receive from Airbnb. The currency at the bottom of the page is set to GBP and the language to English, so I have no issues when booking or looking at locations, but all correspondance I receive is in German. Think it is an issue Airbnb's end.

Can someone help, as its really annoying. 

- Aaran **

August7
Level 1
Los Angeles, CA

I am having the exact same issue starting a coupel weeksa ago. My account was set up when living in the US and I now live in Spain. The laguage in accouint is set to English and it is only the messages coming through in German, everything showing in my account is in English. Help please.

Kristine21
Level 1
Irvine, CA

Hey I don't know if you've already figured it out or not, but I had the same problem with Italian emails and couldn't find the fix anywhere online! At the bottom of your email it'll have a little link you can click to "change your preferences," literally it's the last thing on the email. At the bottom of the page it sends you to, which will be in that language's respective country, it will have the language preference dropdown, which I switched from Italian to English. Since then I've gotten all of my emails in English! Hope this helps!