Endless Pre-Booking Questions

Answered!
Mary88
Level 2
Habaraduwa, Sri Lanka

Endless Pre-Booking Questions

Hi Friends,

I am a bit new to Airbnb hosting and Airbnb is itself relatively new in India. I have been getting lots of inquiries from Indian nationals with endless questions, requests for discounts (we are already priced very low), and then creepy guys wanting to book rooms for sexual escapades. I have tried to put in lots of information about location, house rules, many photos, meals, etc, but no one seems to read the listing! Any suggestions on how to make this a more effective process?

Many Thanks!

Mary storm

New Delhi

1 Best Answer
Lois-and-Darryl0
Level 10
Rochester, WA

@Mary88:  From your wonderful reviews, your room and experience sound so lovely!  It appears you're doing everything right!  I agree with many suggestions:  1) Increase minimum to 2 nights;  2) When receiving lots of questions, if the info is in your listing, remind them of that.  Sometime I get 2 to 4 young men, and they ask me all the questions that are found very easily in the listing (which isn't overly long).  My experience is that these people also do not read the House Rules or the House Manual, and I've learned this after they stay--they didn't read anything, and in my rush to rent, I didn't think it through.  3) Or, advise the potential Guest(s) that you will send them an informational email on area highlights and activities; and - most importantly, 4) Don't rent to locals.  You will find this sage advice smattered throughout the Help Community, with some awful stories from others about renting to people who live in the area.  They want to stay at your place so that their home or room stays clean and neat.  (Our Airbnb is remote, so I don't have that story.)  I'm sure you have a busy life, and will do well with Airbnb (I'd love to know about your breakfast!), so don't waste your precious time and frustration on people who may be seeking out ways to take advantage of you.  The Airbnb relationship is one of trust, honor and mutual consideration.  I spent the first year renting to everyone, got severely burned a few times, and now I'm looking more to experience new friends, while helping them enjoy their trip!  Good Luck!  Lois & Darryl

View Best Answer in original post

15 Replies 15

You are wright specially about the point many question...no booking...tks a lot have a great day!