Extending reservations

Hector1
Level 2
Miami, FL

Extending reservations

I had a rather bad experience with a guest who took a week reservation then extended it once for one more week then again for a third week which I approved. One new request to extend I didn't approved because it automatically went to monthly rate which leave me to have him the last week for only $27. This is not the same if you have the whole month rent in advance than in weekly installments. How could this be avoided? The guests feels bad because I didn't approved and there is a  lot of tension between us now.

4 Replies 4
Linda0
Level 10
Spring, TX

Call Airbnb number on reservation and let them know that this is not the intent of the monthly discount and your guest rented weekly. In my area if guest intent is to rent monthly we are not charged the hotel occupancy tax, but it must be in writing, if lodging on weekly basis we are obligated to pay hotel tax. If your paying hotel tax I would emphasis that to Airbnb to get your full payment.
Luis-and-Tati0
Level 10
New York, NY

Hi @Hector1

You always can send a "special offer" to your guest with any amount of $$$ you want to receive....

So you just need to send a special offer to him for the remaining nights with how much money you want to receive....

And if you don't feel good renting the house for a month and getting paid the monthly rate please remove this setting from your listing...

Luis

I had a guest that booked for 6 weeks, and 5 weeks into his stay wanted to extend for another week. This was last August, and I was unable to use the change reservation function to make this change (because the arrival date was already past). I think he had to create a new request, and then I responded with a special offer that gave him the monthly discount.  But it didn't bill an additional security deposit (or maybe I was able to change that too). It wasn't as elegant as I would have liked it to be.

Now I have another guest asking about the possibility of extending his stay. If he makes that decision before arriving, the change reservation function is fine. Is there a better way to do it if he decides after arriving?

I am having trouble sending a special rate.  I went to mesage and special offer however I cant change price