Extra Charges in general

Craig49
Level 2
Portland, OR

Extra Charges in general

There are many situations where Id like a tick box in pricing.

In my tent space, extra if you use my tent

In my tent space: extra if you borrow an air mattress.

In any room, extra if you bring a pet

In any room, extra if you want a cot. I charge a flat rate for one or two guests, extra for the third but twice this week guests wanted a cot made up for just two guests. I can't charge after the fact?

My guests love instant book, special offer is a drag. All we need is a blank "Extra" or two. Host fills in extra description and price, guests ticks it during instant book.

10 Replies 10
Martha51
Level 2
Chicago, IL

I agree - I'd like to add a small parking fee when folks visit with cars

Charlene14
Level 2
Hailey, ID

We include a nice breakfast in our rate because it gives us a chance to visit with our guests. Since we are a ski resort destination we usually have  high quality  guests. But we also have a lot of people car touring mountain towns who will ask to do laundry. I've said yes but wondered about trying to list that as an extra if I had the option. 

Jiw0
Level 10
Chiang Mai, Thailand

Personally I don't like charging for all kinds of minor things, especially not things that don't cost me extra money whether the guest uses it or not.

The only need I have for charging guests is if I actually arrange something for them: like buying train trickets in advance, booking a trip or tour, etc.

I sometimes thought it'd be nice to have a 'trip, tours and activities' section where I could list a couple things that guests might like to do, along with the price.

As it is though it's not too difficult to just request payment via PayPal or something when the guests wants me to do or buy somethign for them.

Deanna12
Level 2
Victoria, Canada

I do like the pet fee. Don't care about charging for other little things.

Erin-and-John0
Level 3
Portland, OR

I would very much like a pet fee.  My house cleaner will charge me extra for cleaning up pet hair etc and and often dogs add extra wear and tear to my nice furniture that I would like to account for.  Seems like a very common and simple solution to have.  Currently I ask my guests to use the number of guests to activate the fee (my max is 6 so if they put 7 it will activate $25) but this is not logical and i don't  think gets used.

Terra3
Level 3
Denver, CO

I agree totally. I charge an extra fee to make up the extra bed (a futon) at my listing because it takes more of my time and it creates more laundry afterwards. It would make it so much easier if a guest could check a box 1 bed or 2 beds with the option of a fee for the 2nd. I always have to ask my guests if they are sharing the queen or need both beds made up.

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Karen270
Level 2
Hamilton, New Zealand

Hi. I have the same set up as you but don't know how to get around the issue of not being able to charge extra if 2 guests require 2 beds to be made up. It's double the laundry but I don't know how to charge extra if it's on Instant Book. I can only charge extra for extra guests. Any suggestions?

Charlene14
Level 2
Hailey, ID

Since Airbnb has not made this workable, I have two ideas.  One is to charge for the room in cash at the time of the visit, the other is to make a special offer when that option pops up at the time of booking so that the price includes this extra service, room etc.  I havent tried this yet but am considering it. 

Antonio504
Level 1
Lima Region, Peru

Some apartment buildings charge a security deposit for using their multiple use rooms: conference rooms, movie rooms, barbeque area, etc.). It would be nice if an option would be added so we can charge extra if the guest is going to want that service. The host would make the payment to the building manager and can get the deposit back when airbnb sends the payout.