Extra guests

Answered!
Jennifer102
Level 3
Cape Town, South Africa

Extra guests

someone assist me please, I am too embarrased to ask my guests but she booked for two people and has turned up with 5,  I do have a surcharge for extra guests after two guests but she did not book the extra guests through air b and b she paid first then contacted me about the extra guests I did not want to loose the booking so I said yes but I thought that it would be covered in the cost but she was to clever for me so now air b and b doesnt know its additional guests and NOW they are having a dog stay the night as well even though i have told them its a STRICT no dog policy as I have rabbits and chickens and birds and cats on my property all free range, I am so uncomfortable with these guests but I dont know how to approach them because they are all here having a family reunion with other relatives , now they have asked for a third bed with linen and more towels, and the worst is I have more guests arriving the day after these one all depart they are using all my linen, I think this was my fault I should have told her to book the extra guests through air b and b but she caught me off gaurd  because she said it was only for one or two nights but it seems another family member is about to stay tonite with the DOG!!!!!!! I would like air b and b to contact her and find out from her exactly how many of them are staying in my cottage as I dont even know but its definitly not the original two and then charge them!

1 Best Answer
Victoria57
Level 10
Strathpeffer, United Kingdom

@Jennifer102  you need to speak to Airbnb about this and explain the situation to them; there is nothing we can do here in the forum. The guest seems to have tricked you and brought extra guests and a dog that weren't booked - actually you shouldn't have let them in if you hadn't received confirmation that they had paid. Unfortunately there isn't a direct phone niumber for Airbnb in South Africa so if you don't want an international call the best method would be to DM them on Twitter (the contact methods are all listed at Contact Airbnb).

View Best Answer in original post

54 Replies 54

Honestly DAVID my husband and i were so speechless we just came back into our house and decided we now know why there are no men around !!!!! Clearly they are inconsiderate selfish rude women who think they can just do what they like and have absolutely no respect for others whatsoever.  It's only two more nights so I don't know what I am going to do tomorrow but they are so domineering and I just don't have the guts to say anything I thought I had made it quite clear but they just don't give a **bleep** I am actually laughing about it as mad as I am but you just have to it's ridiculous NI INE behaves like this really!!!! I mean to not even have the decency to ask me???? I am just so gobsmacked !!!!! Lol how does this happen ????? Anyway I have a lovely couple comming over the weekend so hopefully they will put my faith back in this business.  I also think this lot are in for a shock at there next destination because no one will put up with this nonsense! 

So terribly frustrating and a little scary! Even 2 more nights sound like 2 too many. Calling airbnb's "urgent" line might be needed (to cancel them and get them out), or even asking law enforcement to stand by while you ask them to leave.  Really, it seems, as disrespectful as they are, that they might not even want to leave on time. Horrible guests! Keep us posted. 

It's an insane situation 😱But I got an ex army vet comming in on Saturday so if they still here that will sort them out !!! I will definitely keep you posted xx

@Jennifer102

Start composing you Review now and understand how the  review process works, these guest need to be "black balled"

Regards

Cormac

The Explorer's Club Krakow

Jennifer102
Level 3
Cape Town, South Africa

@Cormac0 Thanx for your feedback, I got it resolved through air b and b and the guests were made to pay in substantially, I did do a review and I certainly did not say I would recommend them to other hosts. but fortunatly for me I did at least get paid, but I am very very careful now, the problem is when someone books on my page I cannot see previous reviews about them, they only say (4) reviews but I cannot seem to open the reviews to read them? I am not very savvy with this app. the reviews should be more accesable and come under the persons name who is booking so we can just click on it and read the reviews. regards Jenny

@David0 there are also about 4.  Children so I can't just throw them out?? It's an impossible situation I just hope they check out !!!!!!they probably think they have squatter rights 😱

If they go totally over the top then I find they are easier to deal with, no prisoners.

The ones that just push it are the hardest.

David

Yes there is a subtlety here which is making it so difficult and also so late at night the dog came late at night now the extra guest late at night very difficult for me but I have my husband here if it gets too out of hand I will keep you posted thanx 

Just saw this. Just because there are children doesn't mean you can't stand up for yourself and your property. The children are being taught to be disrespectful, to be bullies, because that's what they're seeing the adults do. Please be safe, because this is getting out of hand.

I know Debbie and Kevin it's just unbelievably rude!!!!!! I have been so obliging and far to accommodating but this has taught me one huge lesson!!! So sad to spoil it for others because I would never mind a few extras if people would just ask!!!!!!!this lot are shocking !!! Lesson learnt !!!!

Hi All fellow hosts, update: the guests departed on friday morning I gave the guest an invoice for the extra guests and she told me that she would do a wire transfer, obvioulsy this has not happened yet so I have now visited the resolution centre and put the request there, after that if she still does not oblige Air b and B will resolve the issue, I dont have a manatory deposit not sure how to set that up so I don't think I will get the money, all I know is I will be doing laundry for the next 5 days!!! since they used all my linen and all my towels! it was a most unpleasant experience and I will be so much more careful in the future, air b and b have been fantastic they have been following this conversation and have been in touch with me directly, really amazing!!! thanx for all the support, and on a happy note my new guests are absolutly fabulous!!! (still havent written a review for the horrible guest 😞 no idea what to say?? thanx for all the support, hope you all have a prospersous happy new year xx Jenny

So glad to hear that all is well and that your current guests are fab! As far as a review, we've just had to leave our first "not great" review for guests who showed up with 3 dogs and ruined some linens (they willingly reimbursed us, so that was good). We left the "thumbs up/down" blank with the hope that future hosts will read between the lines. Leave a review that's not emotional, such as "There was miscommunication regarding number of guests, and guests brought a dog without clearing it with us." Have a great New Year!

Thanx Debbie and Kevin thanx for that will definitely leave that review they haven't left me one yet so I am going to wait till the last minute to do it. You lucky you got compensated lets see what happens with this. Yikes three dogs?? Where is bend? OR? 

Yep. Bend Oregon! We love it here 🙂 Best! 

Good advice David,   

I am in the same situation and I tried to be nice and they went even further..