Extra guests

Answered!
Jennifer102
Level 3
Cape Town, South Africa

Extra guests

someone assist me please, I am too embarrased to ask my guests but she booked for two people and has turned up with 5,  I do have a surcharge for extra guests after two guests but she did not book the extra guests through air b and b she paid first then contacted me about the extra guests I did not want to loose the booking so I said yes but I thought that it would be covered in the cost but she was to clever for me so now air b and b doesnt know its additional guests and NOW they are having a dog stay the night as well even though i have told them its a STRICT no dog policy as I have rabbits and chickens and birds and cats on my property all free range, I am so uncomfortable with these guests but I dont know how to approach them because they are all here having a family reunion with other relatives , now they have asked for a third bed with linen and more towels, and the worst is I have more guests arriving the day after these one all depart they are using all my linen, I think this was my fault I should have told her to book the extra guests through air b and b but she caught me off gaurd  because she said it was only for one or two nights but it seems another family member is about to stay tonite with the DOG!!!!!!! I would like air b and b to contact her and find out from her exactly how many of them are staying in my cottage as I dont even know but its definitly not the original two and then charge them!

1 Best Answer
Victoria57
Level 10
Strathpeffer, United Kingdom

@Jennifer102  you need to speak to Airbnb about this and explain the situation to them; there is nothing we can do here in the forum. The guest seems to have tricked you and brought extra guests and a dog that weren't booked - actually you shouldn't have let them in if you hadn't received confirmation that they had paid. Unfortunately there isn't a direct phone niumber for Airbnb in South Africa so if you don't want an international call the best method would be to DM them on Twitter (the contact methods are all listed at Contact Airbnb).

View Best Answer in original post

54 Replies 54
Irina68
Level 2
Tbilisi, Georgia

Hi everyone! Could you please help me in two cases? 1. I would like to add ONLY extra child ( not an adult) and could not find this option. 2. In case of adding extra people, it could not appear in search, namely: i inducated two accomodates and 1 extra person at extra price, however this studio doesnt appear in search when you chose 3 persons. Cheers! 

Noeline1
Level 1
Victoria, Australia

I recently had a booking for 1 guest and she arrived with her husband and young child. Our house rules state not set up for children under 12 years. I naively accepted them all as she said the child would sleep with them and did not wet the bed!!. She wanted to pay me the extra money in cash but I said I would deal with it through Airbnb. I immediately sent off the alteration and the recervation showed the original price and the new price, with a repsonse pending. I continued for the next three days to get a repsonse from Airbnb but so far no luck . It has now been 6 days and my payout was only the original price. I am now out of pocket and wish I had taken the cash from her as it looks as if Airbnb are not going to respond or be forthcoming with what I should do. Unfrotunately it now means I will have to turn away guests if they arrive with extra people, even though Airbnb state if we can accommodate them then do so. Not if I don't get paid. Sorry!

Can anyone tell me if I can get direct acess to a phone number or even correct email for immediate response for Airbnb

Thanks

Noeline

Hi I am new here too. I found a page somewhere on this site with phone numbers for Air bnb for each country.

Im in New Zealand so I only wrote down the one applicable for me.

From Anne

Jennifer102
Level 3
Cape Town, South Africa

hi Anne there is a place to go on the web page air b and b where you send a message directly to the guest asking for the outstanding amount, if it is not resolved the next step is contacting air b and b there is a link to follow to do this, the exact same thing happened to me and air b and b got the guests to pay I will look it up now and get back to you, but phoning Ireland is your best bet if that does not work they seem to be the head office and are very helpful but let me guide you through what I did I will go onto the site now and see what I did

xx Jenny

Hi Anne I cannot find the link now the site is quite difficult to navigate if you dont come right let me know I will call Ireland for you and find out how you navigate to the page where you send the guest the message, but if you also put this on the community page air b and b do follow the thread and will contact you directly, let me know if you come right but you only have about 24 hours to report the incident regards Jenny

The head office in Ireland ph number is +353 1 6971831 I cannot find the link to navigate you to send the guest the request for the extra money which will go directly to the guest and to air b and b if the guest does not oblige then air b and b get involved and assess the case.

Thanks Jennifer

I am in Australia and it now just doesn't seem worth the effort of following this up. Ringing Ireland is not really an option from here. I thought there may have been a more local (Australia ) base somewhere. I must say I have been disappointed in Airbnb's response (or lack of). I should have just taken the money from the guest when she offered to pay. Being fairly new at this  I was just trying to follow the rules. I have tried to contact the guest throught the resolution centre but so far no response. Thanks again for your help. 

Hi @Noeline1

Google on here for all sorts of contacts. The Australian number is 02 8520 3333.

Cheers

@Noeline1 yes Noeline thats right the resolution centre thats what I did, I am so surprised air b and b have not contacted you?? they phoned me and sent me private emails, perhaps I just got lucky that one time, YES take the money would have been the answer but now go back to there booking on your page and change your review of them and make sure you put thumbs down to the question would you refer these guests! I am sorry air b and b have not been more helpful thats really not good! where are you based I am in cape town South Africa so I have no choice but to phone Ireland 😞  Oh I see down under my bucket list I so want to see the cockuttos and all your beautiful birds one day I will get there xxx

Monica4
Level 10
Ormstown, Canada

@Jennifer102 Quite honestly, if this happened to me I would notify Airbnb and also call the police to have them removed. They are committing fraud.

Jennifer102
Level 3
Cape Town, South Africa

@Monica4 hi monica I did get hold of air b and b and they really did help a lot, but I was so afraid of them and what they would do to my property if I engaged directly with them, but its over now and I did get paid out but I am so much more careful now, it really was a scary experience xxJenny

I'm so glad it's over @Jennifer102!  Now you can exhale.

🙂

Wendy-and-Frank0
Level 10
Stonington, CT

"I did not want to loose the booking so I said yes..."

I am sure you will never fear this again.

Keep us posted.  It's one heck of a roller coaster and I can't wait to see how it all ends.

Best to you!

Suzanne195
Level 1
Welland, Canada

I had a similar situation happen;it was suppose to be just a person coming for a few days apparently to look for a place as he was relocating and that's all good,but arrivng later than was posted was one thing and yes partly was due to weather,there was his girlfriend and child in the car who couldn't go back to their home due to weather conditions and the other reason they said was a nearby hotel was way overpriced,so I let them come in,but one night ended up to be three and they had a dog which of course couldn't leave in the car,so we had no choice but to let them bring it in even though we had cats and a small dog ourselves;what we didn't care for and do understand about children,we raised our own,was them basically coming down and helping themselves to whatever all hours of the night and then becoming quite bold with us

now I'm not saying I don't mind extra people,but it'd be nice to have a little notice and not show up close to midnight

Constance26
Level 2
Chicago, IL

I have had two recent occasions where a guest has made a reservation for 2 people and then showed up with three people.  When I have expressed surprise, unhappiness, reminded them they reserved for only two people and that I would have declined their request had I known there were three people.  They have tried to reassure me by saying they brought an air mattress but this is beside the point from my point of view.  I don't want more than 2 people in my place.  What are my options when they just shoe up?  What have other hosts done?