Feature Request: Message Scheduling & 1.X Auto Pricing

Alejandra36
Level 1
Seattle, WA

Feature Request: Message Scheduling & 1.X Auto Pricing

Hello airbnb community, after hosting for the last year, would like to request the following two features that would make my life (and other's) as a host so much easier: 

1. Auto Messaging/Scheduling 
    -Current message templates are great, but even better would be the ability to schedule messages for guests. As a host, I want a welcome message to automatically be sent to my guest 2 days prior to check-in, a "let me know how you're enjoying your stay and if I can help with anything" message half way during their stay and a "thank you for stayin in our home dont forget to rate us" message sent 2 days after their stay. This would simplify hosting enormously, specially if you are managing multiple listings, as well as increase guest satisfaction. 

2. 1.X Auto Pricing
    - The current auto pricing feature is a great step in the right direction, but as many have stated previously, it severely undervalues the property and leaves a lot on the table (ie if guests are happily booking at $200 per night, and demand is high, why drop it to $120 per night?). It would be great if Airbnb allowed you to set a multiplier for it, ie I want it to charge at 1.1 times what the algorithm is suggesting, maybe in 4 months demand is really low and I want to set it at .9X. All of the airbnb pricing services currently allow you to do this (either via a multiplier or by a percentage). By not having this ability I am currently unable to switch to dynamic pricing and let go of my alternate pricing provider as the algorithm is just not getting it right so far. 

2 Replies 2
Andrew90
Level 10
New York, NY

I like the idea.  You may have missed the announcment of the new Host Voice forum. 

https://community.airbnb.com/t5/Welcome-Announcements/Host-Voice-Guidelines-and-Tips/m-p/133485#U133...

In Host Voice you can share ideas with the community and Airbnb. At the moment, Airbnb is particularly interested in Ideas for improving the mobile app to make hosting easier. However, you can submit an Idea on any topic.

How does it work?

Ideas posted are public and community members can comment and “thumbs up” the recently posted Ideas in the “All” section.

The Ideas with the most "thumbs up" from the community will be moved to the “Popular” section. Ideas that are not moved to this section will be archived.

The Ideas in the "Popular" section that have the most "thumbs up" and have well explained Ideas, will be shared with the Airbnb Product team for review. Though these Ideas will be reviewed they will not necessarily be developed. If Airbnb is interested in investigating the Idea further, then it will move to the "Featured" section.

Ideas in the "Featured" section will receive a Status in order to keep the community updated on the progress of the Idea. The first phase of this process will be researching the Idea further. Even a "Featured" Idea may not ultimately launch.

Andrew - see community help guides for many great FAQ
Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Alejandra36,

Great to meet you. 

It is fantastic to see you have some ideas for new feature enhancements. As @Andrew90 mentioned in his reply it would be great if you could create your ideas in Host Voice. This way it will enable other community members to support it. The most popular crowdsourced ideas are then presented to the Airbnb Product Team. 

As it has been about a month now since you originally posted this, I just wanted to get back to you here to encourage you to share your ideas there, especially as you say you think this would make the life of a host much easier, this is exactly what Host Voice is for! 🙂 

If you have any questions on how to do this, please feel free to ask.

Thanks,

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.