First Aid Kits

Kevin-s0
Level 10
Minamiashigara, Japan

First Aid Kits

Do you keep a First Aid skit in your listing? If so, do you ever worry that a child will take some of the medicine or an adult guest could have an allergic reaction?

What do you keep in it? We have bandages, headache medicine and medicine for stomach problems .Although Airbnb seems to encourage keeping a First Aid kit, do you think it’s a good idea? If so, what do you have in it?

15 Replies 15
Susie5
Level 10
Boston, MA

Interesting discussion! I have a small kitchen drawer in which I keep aspirin, ibuprofen, tylenol, allergy medicine, antacid tabs, alka seltzer, pepto bismol tabs, antibiotic ointment, cortisone ointment, and sunscreen, and a variety of bandaids.  But I'm rethinking it based on the comments in this thread.  I have to say it has been very popular and I've had positive comments on it, and the medicines are being used at a slow rate. I also have a store-bought first aid kit which is kept under the sink. I have a gadget which keeps the cabinets closed when children are present. 

I know about aspirin allergy (also applies to pepto-bismol, which contains a similar substance), but I had assumed people with that allergy would know about it and stay away from the aspirin. But I may take those out. Food for thought!  I'm not far from a pharmacy so no one should have to suffer for too long if they really needed something.