First guest has told me they are no longer arriving

Stephen119
Level 2
County Kerry, Ireland

First guest has told me they are no longer arriving

What would have been my first guest (on 27th December) has told me by email they they are unable to make the trip. I advised them to make the cancellation official via the Airbnb website but this has not happened as yet.

Can someone advise me on the situation should they not make the cancellation official, please?

For example, will they be charged? Do I need to inform Airbnb that they did not arrive etc.?

Thank you,

Stephen

3 Replies 3
Dave-and-Deb0
Level 10
Edmonton, Canada

Hi @Stephen119,

If they do not cancel, you will still be paid as if they stayed.  Enjoy the free money @Stephen119!

No need to contact Airbnb as you have already properly advised the guest what to do.

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host

Thanks Dave & Deb, that's helpful. I've just messaged the guest again to remind them.

But if the day comes and they show don't up, is there a way for me to record this on the system. I wouldn't want Aibnb to think I had a client who didn't leave a review! 🙂

You'll find in your hosting career that some people don't leave reviews.  This doesn't count against you, so no need to notify Airbnb.