Flights were cancelled, any recourse for guests for lost nights?

Flights were cancelled, any recourse for guests for lost nights?

I have a situation I'm not sure how to proceed. Also, with the Airbnb Support I only see an option to decisively request refunds.. But not inquire about initial due process... So I turn here.

My son and I had four nights booked with a host in New York City. Our flight to New York however was cancelled at the last second by the airline. We got tickets for the next day on another airline, but that flight was also cancelled, due to weather and airplane crowding at La Guardia.

So we missed two of the four nights of our stay, though these circumstances were totally out of our control. And the amount for those two nights adds up to hundreds of dollars.

Do we have any recourse for a refund for those lost nights? I'm not sure where this stands in terms of policies or etiquette. Thank you-

31 Replies 31

My guests, who booked our room for 3 nights, asked for reimbursement because their flight got delayed for a day. I called AirBnB customer service 855-424-7262. AirBnB agreed to reimburse them for one night as long as they still stay with us for the other 2 nights. No cancellation by the guests side and no reimbursement by the host. We still received full payment for 3 nights.

Lisa7063
Level 2
Portland, OR

Travel is so unpredictable but if we book at a hotel and don’t show they charge us.