Fraud, help!!

David-and-Lara0
Level 1
England, United Kingdom

Fraud, help!!

Hi All,

We booked a chalet in Chamonix for 7 people in feburary. The totlal reservation was £1661.57. This was paid on credit card and that payment is clearing now. I have since recieved the reservation conformation and they are saying I still have just over £1200 more to pay. I cant cancel as if I do they a are only refunding part payment of £345. I cant get hold of the host and cant any help from airbnb. 

Panicking is an understatement. 

Hope this makes sense. This is all under 24 hrs old and thought airbnb could help but have not been able to move them to action. 

4 Replies 4
Marzena4
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

Hello @David-and-Lara0. You should report to Airbnb CS directly the problem of asking you for more money than the booking itself. Use Twitter or the form: https://www.airbnb.com/help/contact_us#/

// "The only person you can trust is yourself"
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Hi @David-and-Lara0

Sorry your post isn't very clear. Why has the host asked you for this additional money?

Why is Airbnb saying they can't help you?

Put simply a host can't ask you for extra money after you have paid UNLESS you indicate extra people are coming ove and above those who have booked.

If the host has mispriced it , that is down to them.

Call Airbnb back . They can cancel the booking at no charge to you as the host isn't allow to do this (unless circumstances above).

Hi all

Thanks for responses. It appears airbnb has a glitch. We paid an amount then when the host confirmed the booking airbnb dobled the night price? Asl othe host didnt get back to us for 8 hrs which seemed more like fraud. Now we have an idea of what happened we are just rying to sort it. 

Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

In the absence of accurate information about what was going on, @David-and-Lara0, it is understandable that you would jump to a conclusion that there is fraud.  I am glad you were able to get through to Air BNB and the system error was identified.  Hope you have a wonderful holiday.