Fraudulent Bed Bug Claim

Alexis113
Level 2
Paris, France

Fraudulent Bed Bug Claim

I am trying to deal with a fraudulent BedBug case just now. Airb&b has not and did not contact me about the claim.

I was threatened by guests who cancelled their reservation 5 nights into their stay and then remained an additional night -  after they left, I called Airb&b and told them about the bedbug threat (refund all our money or we will tell Airb&b that there are bedbugs). They advised me to sit tight and do nothing - that the guest had 14 days to register a complaint and I would be immediately contacted if the guest did complain.  Well... 18 days and 2 guests after the liars left, they contacted Airb&b to complain of bedbugs. Airb&b DID NOT contact me, instead they cancelled EVERY RESERVATION through September 2018 (it’s Jan 2018) over $10,000 worth of business and turned off the listing - leaving me to deal with all the emails from guests “why did you cancel our reservation?”

It’s been 5 days, I still have not gotten any sort of reply from Airb&b about how to resolve the issue, there is no official request from them to provide proof of no bedbugs, and no one has actually contacted me from the so called “bedbug” unit who, I was told, is the only one authorized to instruct/clear me.

Meanwhile, I currently have a guest (an MD who had his reservation re-instated (!!) since he was scheduled to arrive the morning of the total cancelations) who is happily staying in the apartment now.  BECAUSE THERE ARE NO BEDBUGS!

BTW, this is my personal apartment which I rent when I am traveling.  I am currently out of the country (France) and in the USA.  I continually provide my US phone number and my time zone (PST) in my daily emails to Airb&b requesting assistance.  Phone calls come in between 1am and 4am (I am sleeping, phone turned off) and messages are left by someone who barely speaks English telling me they know I am good host, but I must deal with “bedbug” unit to resolve problem. 

Honestly, I don’t know what to do.

Suggestions?

1 Reply 1

i am a super host and have had problems with air bnb and my daughter has too (she is also a super host) air bnb seems to be completely a guest oriented bussiness.....any body know anything about  vrbo?  are they better to deal with than airbnb?thanks