Getting a dishonest Airbnb user removed from Airbnb

Anna1621
Level 1
England, United Kingdom

Getting a dishonest Airbnb user removed from Airbnb

Hello

I recently hosted a man who behaved disrespectfully and dishonestly in my home and towards my neighbours.

I am loathe to write him a review as I believe he knows that I will be extremely unfavourable towards him and expect him to respond negatively (despite us  not being in the wrong). Instead I want to report him to Airbnb with the goal of having him removed as a user.

I've looked on the website and can't see the option to do this.

Does anyone have any experience with this please?

This guest was absolutely shocking and I would hate for another host to experience the same.

Thank you, Anna

5 Replies 5
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Anna1621  Flag the guest's profile. And DO LEAVE A REVIEW!  Thumbs down and appropriate star ratings. Reviews are blind- the guest can't see yours, and vice versa, until they are both written and published, or if one party fails to leave a review, the one review (host or guest) will be published 14 days after check-out. If you don't leave this bad guest a review, you are doing a disservice to other hosts- wouldn't you have wanted to be warned about him?

Anna1621
Level 1
England, United Kingdom

Thank you Sarah. I will give him a very bad review - however I also wanted to make a complaint against him....because his conduct was so atrocious. Do you know how to do that directly to Airbnb staff?

Thanks again, anna

@Anna1621  This is only for emergency helpline to contact experience help: +442033181111

Should you need to contact airbnb, go to the 'HELP' forum, next to this forum, there are various ways for you to get the help you need. Its an updated helpguide on top of the forum showing you the step by step procedures.

There are 3 ways to contact staff. 

1. email

2. Twitter

3. Phone

Anna1621
Level 1
England, United Kingdom

Thank you so much for your help.

Anna

@Anna1621

All you need to say is something along the lines of "I would never host this guest again."