Getting paid in South Africa

David62
Level 1
Cape Town, South Africa

Getting paid in South Africa

Recently the pay out process for hosting in South Africa has changed. Although Airbnb is sending us a message that they have received and released payment, it take a number of days, sometimes over a week before our bank contact us and let us know that they received an international payment. It is then a complicated process to verify payment and source of income before our money is received in our bank account. This happens for each and every payment / booking we receive.

Is there any other way in which we can receive payment, without having to go through the process of declaring international payments each time with our bank?

Your help would be greatly appreciated!

52 Replies 52

does anyone know the eviction laws governing  guests who originally booked through the website and now refuses to leave and pays on a day to day basis. Can I evict and how 

beate johannesburg

Good day,

I am also new to airbnb, please advise what is the best payment method for hosts in South Africa. I have had two guests and more are arriving. It does not accept my Capitec account to receive payments from airbnb.

pleaseeee help anyone!

Jeff158
Level 10
Caernarfon, United Kingdom

@Adele94 

Have you completed the required paperwork mentioned in the link below.

https://www.airbnb.co.uk/help/article/2495/do-i-need-to-complete-the-exchange4free-form-that-s-sent-...

Bheki0
Level 1
Johannesburg South, South Africa

did you find an answer? please share your findings

Shakila3
Level 2
Durban, South Africa

Iam also a new host, I hosted 2 groups of guests over a month ago.. And still haven't got paid..despite numerous calls to them. Iam told that payment has been made, but nothing in my account. 

Bheki0
Level 1
Johannesburg South, South Africa

Being a new host I want to know from those already experienced: What is the method to receive payouts that is less tedious to setup and relatively cheaper based on the fees charged?Based on what I have read in this thread, it may seem Payoneer's feedback loop to us via their AirBnB relationship is something of an issue in South Africa.

I try to contact AIRBNB can anyone tell me their phone number for South Africa? I tired over 1 hour now

to get their contact details in their website when I try to get the contact details it stops at: 

Topic: 2. Reason and after that nothing just a blank page 

Thanks 

I can’t seem to get paid after hosting a guest. Looks like Absa is the only option given. Anybody been successful with others?