Give something back.

Jackie167
Level 1
Kilkenny, Ireland

Give something back.

I presume I am not alone in having quiet time in my calendar. What I like to do is invite someone to stay for free. I pick a person who needs a break. Last year I had a family whose child was in respite care come for a rest. Shortly I have a family who are grieving the death of a child coming just to get away where nobody knows them or their loss. I also have a person who is struggling to find quiet time to study using my cottage. Wouldnt it be amazing if every host in the world had an option to give something back to the community. Airbnb have the means to promote this idea. There is a lot of negative press about airbnb hosting in Dublin at the moment. This is an opportunity to paint a better picture. 

2 Replies 2
Christina236
Level 3
Nottingham, United Kingdom

This is an exceptionally good idea. I would love to sign up to a scheme like this

Roman64
Level 2
Vilnius, Lithuania

This is good idea for another use-case too. For exampe stay for free for one of the rooms in order to clean a flat and accept other guests during stay. This would be possible just to get away for a couple of day from the house. Yes we can use co-host for this, but we need to share a pay with them which is not an option, because those who doesn't own listing, need to pay rent.