Greater Clarification of payments and reservations.

Karen493
Level 1
Seagrove Beach, FL

Greater Clarification of payments and reservations.

So, I am new to this but have done rentals for years on other sites, so I need to find out if I am missing something or have the wrong idea on how this works.. Any help is greatly appreciated.

1. When renter's resevation is confirmed with Airbnb, how do I know when or if payment is received?

2. Can renter cancel anytime up to arrival?

3. I would like to send renter my rental agreement to make sure we are on same page... How can I see renter's email address?

4. If I cant see renters email address, is there a way to show them my email address?   Instead of blocking it out?

Karen

3 Replies 3
Karen-and-Brian0
Level 10
Bragg Creek, Canada

Hi @Karen493 I'll try to answer your questions (all very good ones!) as best I can:

1. Airbnb collects payment at time of booking. Payment is sent to you the day after the guest checks in - this has been my experience without fail.

2. Yes the renter can cancel anytime they like - but if they get a refund or not depends entirely on your cancellation policy. 

3. After the booking is confirmed, you'll be able to see the guest's Airbnb email address. You can't send attachments to Airbnb email addresses, but you can ask for the guest's actual email address. This information won't be blocked once the reservation is confirmed.

4. See #3 - once the booking is confirmed, you should be able to exchange email addresses

Hope that helps - Karen

@Karen493 @Karen-and-Brian0

#3. You can't send attachments via abb messaging, but you can with abb email

Thanks so much for the correction @Kelly149. It's not somehting I have ever needed to do and the last word I had heard on this subject was the continuation of this post:

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/forums/v3_1/forumtopicpage/board-id/listing-and-reservations/thr...

If they've now got it fixed, YAY! - Karen