Group pay is NOT good for ANYONE!

Ronda12
Level 3
Pasadena, CA

Group pay is NOT good for ANYONE!

We all know how much Hosts hate group pay but let’s say they actually complete their payment - then it truly becomes impossible.  Now you have 4 & 5 families to communicate with for 1 reversation - there is simply no way to please everyone alll time.   Hosts work hard for reviews - this is an impossible situation set up for failure.   Please Airbnb do it now - before it’s really a giant issue and give us the OPT OUT option. 

5 Replies 5

@Ronda12 as far as I know you only comunicate with the person that had made the reservation, the other part of the group has to pay and thats all, you don't need to speak with each paying person. You still has only 1 reservation.

At least it what happened to me twice with group payment, I only spoke with the person doing the reservation and I just told both of them to make their friends pay as fast as they can. Payment done. Not big deal (just the inconvenience of the 72h, thats more of a big deal).

Nope!  Each guest is connected to the reservation and has the ability to communicate with you and post reviews.  In our case our home is very large and mostly rented by multiple families 13 guests.  You should always double check your information to make sure its correct before you post alternatively....airbnb reads these too..

@Ronda12  I believe you are incorrect. Only the booking guest can leave a review. 

Group reviews

If a reservation has more than one confirmed guest, the host's review will appear on all of the guests' profiles.

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/2059/host-and-guest-reviews

Thats why I wrote "as far as I know" and "what happened to me" and not "As I read in Airbnb rules".

Also I probably didn't have the same problem as you is because I only have apartments for 4 persons, so the times that it happened to me where 2 couples and never the second couple of the payment contacted me.

And what I wanted to express also (not English here and perhaps I didn't write it correctly) is that it helps if you tell the person doing the reservation (the first one) that the reservation isn't finished until the others pay.

Person makes reservation and does group pay, he pays, his friend doesn't.

1rst person "Give me your adress and phone number"

Me: You would be able to see it when the reservation is finished, your friend still has to pay. So the reservation isn't done.

That, In my case, made me wait only 8h of difference between the first payment and the second.

In my second case I simply wrote: "Your reservation isn't finished if the other party doesn't pay" as they didn't said anything (I wrote it in my language and being more nice than just saying that).

So thats what I wanted to say, that the others party never contacted me and thats posible make them pay faster.

Not saying that it's the best idea Airbnb had and perhaps with a little bit of luck they will end removing it (I don't think so but well... I can still hope).

Alexandra316
Level 10
Lincoln, Canada

@Ronda12 You can't have multiple reviews for the same stay, no matter how many people are included on the reservation, just like when you write your review of them, you don't have the ability to write reviews specific to any one member of the group. The review will be posted to all group members' profiles, but there is only one review. Only the primary booker who initiates the reservation can review you.