Guest Brings Unauthorized Visitor

Cate20
Level 2
Bury St Edmunds, GB

Guest Brings Unauthorized Visitor

So I've been hosting for six months and since I adjusted my prices to include a small extra charge for an extra person, Ive had two bookings where the people invoved book a single adult but with full intention of bringing their partners. How can this awkward situation be avoided in the future? Is there any way that I can flag up that my room costs more for two people than for one?

Thanks

cate

19 Replies 19
James926
Level 2
Tyngsborough, MA

We have a one bedroom apartment to host with,  I met with the guests when they checked in.  They told me only 4 people were staying at the apartment, instead we ended up with a loud, raucous, party going after 10PM to about 3AM in the morning.  The neighbors had call the police department.  When the police came, they all hid and turned off the lights.  After the police left, they started again, loud music, getting drunk and cars filled the parking lot to the point of damaging my fence and the cornor of the house's siding. Not only that, they left the place a mess and they left in the morning.  They are freshman college students that I am worried about renting to .

Debbie46
Level 2
Paris, France

My guest has asked for his girlfriend to come for part of the days of his stay. the reservation is only for one and does not allow for two. I do not want situations of girlfriends etc coming under a reservation that normally will charge more after one person. This person is due to come on Sunday and keeps insisting on bringing her. should I cancel the reservation?

@Debbie46

In such cases I'd suggest you tell them they still need to book for 2 people (because only guests on the reservation are allowed) - and maybe could offer to refund the additional person fee for nights the gf did not stay at the end of their stay. 

If they don't agree to this, you could just say "Your booking is for 1 adult guest. Therefore your gf will be considered an unregistered guest and will be asked to leave immediately if found on the listing premises. I will also contact Airbnb for house rule violation to cancel your booking should you try to bring an unauthorized guest into my home. Please change your guest count to 2 adults and include your gf on the guest list." 

Debbie46
Level 2
Paris, France

thanks for your input.

You know the reservation is only for one person and he never requested a way to reserve for two.

Now I am feeling a bit unsure because when I said that it was not preferable and that he had not tried to reserve for two, he just insists that she will sleep wth him.

I have another room which this person must go through and so I prefer no couples. It is not appropriate.

So with all this, I am thinking about just cancelling because I feel there would be problems for something else and I am not onsite...I am out of the country.

You know when you have a uh oh this person may be a problem.... feeling.

Chris1578
Level 2
New York, NY

Hi, I have a somewhat different issue. My place can only accomodate 2 people but recently I had two guests who brought back "visitors" at around 2am. Their visitors didnt leave until later in the morning!. Anyone have any advice for a situation like this? Also note that it was their last night so its not like I can cancel the stay.