Guest arrested during their stay

Jacinda1
Level 1
Auckland, New Zealand

Guest arrested during their stay

I'm new to hosting and my second guest was just arrested on our property during his stay this week. How do I notify airbnb about this individual without it being in a public arena that he could see? I'm guessing I don't need to write a review for him but will that affect my rating? Anything else I need to consider to try to make sure this doesn't happen again?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Warmly

Jacinda

4 Replies 4
Dave-and-Deb0
Level 10
Edmonton, Canada

You could contact Airbnb to let them know and it is up to you if you wish to leave a review but you are not penalized for not leaving a review.

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host

Louise47
Level 10
Maroochydore, Australia

If he was arrested, how many days did he have left and did he leave anything behind. If both answers to the questions are no then why do you need to contact Airbnb.  Unless he was arrested because he was stealing property from you.  If he was out for the night clubbing and got arrested you would not know but because it was on the property does not mean he needs reporting.  Anyway up to you what you do.  What was he arrested for out of curiosity

Hi Louise

Thanks for your reply.  He had one night left and was arrested for breaking the conditions of his bail from a previous arrest - I don't know what that was for. The police were not happy about him returning to stay here so removed his things when they took him away. I was told that he had a history of mental health issues and drug use. I don't think he's someone that would be considered a safe guest for others hence my getting in touch with airbnb.

It's been resolved just fine but it gave us a bit of a fright so early in our hosting experience.

Warmly

Jacinda

Personally, that's something I would want to know about and so should Airbnb. Flag his profile and also leave a review, perhaps vague on the details but saying something sufficient as a red flag for other hosts.