Guest cancellations

Lissie1
Level 1
Hobart, Australia

Guest cancellations

Confused,

I have checked my calander for upcoming reservations and its showing all confirmed. My payout is showing the price for all those confirmed guests. But when I look at the resrvation tab, it is showing that one guest has cancelled. If this is the case why have the dats not been unblocked in my calandar? 

This guest is meant to arrive in 2 weeks, and I am unable to unblock those dates myself.

But it aslo shows future payouts for her too.

can someone help? Or tell me how to unblock those dates, so I may have a chance of another booking?

Lissie

2 Replies 2
Andrea9
Level 10
Amsterdam, Netherlands

@Lissie1 Sounds like you may have confirmed an email from Airbnb asking whether you accept the cancellation by guest?

That's a sneaky feature introduced by Airbnb bouncing the cancellation back to the host. Never choose yes, instead choose the box saying you would still host this guest.

Call Airbnb and see if they can't undo the blockage since their email text is so unclear and you didn't  understand that you would become initiator of the cancellation through their wording. If you don't have the number just google 'contact Airbnb' and your country and save it for next time.

WoonLoong0
Level 1
Singapore

I'm also having the same problem as my guest would like to cancel his booking . I called airbnb center to resolve it. And reopen the affected dates for another  guest. Just inform your guest reservation code..