Guest complains and leaves-amends

Safet0
Level 1
Podgorica, Montenegro

Guest complains and leaves-amends

My guests came yesterday and they slept in my listing last night,and they will sleep there tonight, which means 2 nights, but they paid for 10 nights. They called and complained about the road from the main road to the house(not the length but the quality, it has many curves), they damaged their car, they complained about many mosquitos, they complained about not having a lamp in the bathroom but only the lightbulb,and some small stuff like that. Personally, I find these reasons silly. But the problem is that i have to give them the money back, and I don't know how much to give. Do I have a right to have some kind of amends, becouse they have made a reservation a couple of months ago, and I could have had many other guests instead of them? Please, answer me ASAP becouse I'm meeting them tomorrow in the afternoon. Thanks
4 Replies 4
Andrea9
Level 10
Amsterdam, Netherlands

@Safet0

Difficult having guests who expect 5-star lodgings for 3-star price.

The reservation has prevented you being able to accept any other booking. You have strict booking but could offer to reimburse them the days you manage to get rebooked.

Otherwise you could call Airbnb directly. 

Safet0
Level 1
Podgorica, Montenegro

Thank you very much
Sandra126
Level 10
Daylesford, Australia

Hi @Safet0, I see that your cancellation policy is strict, so that is that. If you should choose to offer refund it is up to you but not part of the policy. You don't have to refund anything. You could offer insect repellant perhaps?

They seem to be extremely unhappy guests and best to let them leave, to keep them happy I would ask them to cancel (do NOT cancel yourself, you will be penalised and the guest rewarded) so to free up the calendar in case you can get a last-minute booking. Tell the guests that you are only too happy to refund in full for the remaining days should they get filled, otherwise not. Up to them if they wish to leave or not. If they leave and do not cancel the calendar will not be freed up and they will not be able to get a refund.

I don't think your listing is misleading, it seems like a basic apartment at a low price. Not sure what they expected? Since you are close to hotels, restaurants etc I imagine everyone else manages to drive on the road.

I would be polite, reasonable and firm.

Safet0
Level 1
Podgorica, Montenegro

Thank you very much, you are very helpful