Guest inviting other guest on their reservation

Cheryl271
Level 2
Columbia, SC

Guest inviting other guest on their reservation

I had this happen to me this weekend.  A guest booked one month in advance, she booked for one guest.  (My listing clearly states to book for the amount of guest at the time of booking,) this weekend she submitted a request to add three additional guest. I modified her price $100 additional for the 3days. Not $100 per day, but $100  for the entire stay.  She informed me that after booking for the one guest, she received an offer to invite more guest at the rate she paid.  She had a receipt lising the additional guest.  I was not aware this could be done without my knowledge or approval.  I called Airbnb to inquire how this is possible, since I was not informed, and was only looking to accomadate 1 guest.  They said appoved guest can invite verified and recent quest to the reservation. WHAT???!!! Has this happened to anyone else, is this something that is common. I don't like nor appreciate my rules being changed without my knowledge.  I had to honor her reservation, but need to get this straight with Airbnb because i don't want any extra people showing up especially since I state in my rules, that if more people show up, the reservation will be canceled.

1 Reply 1
Lawrene0
Level 10
Florence, Canada

@Cheryl271, this is up to you to fix. You have the same price set whether it is one person or five people. She wasn't "invited" to add more people. She just saw that she could. She has misunderstood. Anyway, what you need to do is go into your listing and edit it. Select Pricing. Scroll down to Extra Charges and hit the Edit button there. Choose your price for each guest after 1 (or 2 - my pricing is the same for one as for two and that saves a lot of grief). Then hit Save. 

Hope that helps.